MoI VS. Rest of the 3D world
All  1  2-3

Previous
Next
1084.2 In reply to 1084.1 
Hi Pozero, there was also some recent discussion of this here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1048.1 , so you might want to check out that thread as well.

I think it is true that a SubD program will generally work better for characters, but not really so much for the reason that you mention (adding bones) - more because it is easier in SubD to add details like small folds or wrinkles to very small areas of a model for shaping things like around eyes or a nose.

You can get better behavior of your MoI-generated model under later deformation if you divide up your output mesh into smaller polygons.

For example here is a shape that has some flat areas in it - normally these flat areas do not get a whole bunch of polygons in them, since they are not necessary for a regular rendering:

However those larger polygons are not good for deformation - there just aren't enough points in all the areas there to have enough detail. Once those points are moved around the larger polygons will connect between them with a more noticeable straight piece.

Here I have used the "Divide larger than" option in mesh export to force the creation of a much denser mesh with a lot more vertices in it:

When there are a lot more points, it gives a lot more detail available to the deformation process to work with.

So I think that would probably be the solution to your current problem.

But in general I think it is true that one single 3D software is not the perfect tool for every single kind of shape - SubD is generally more flexible and suitable for character work especially with organic details.

However, I wouldn't say that creating a complex character model is exactly "easy" in SubD either. It can take quite a bit of time and practice before it becomes very natural. But if you want to do character work it is probably the right area to look into.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
1084.3 In reply to 1084.2 
Cool. I saw thread abou NURBS and SubD and I understand now. Well ZBrush and MoI in one could be solution for all times :-)

Thanks Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-3