measuring tool

Next
Hi Michael

in a future a tool will be included of measuring like a rule
and the constructive lines it will be of use in the version 1 or in the version 2

Best regards

Juan Galvan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1051.2 In reply to 1051.1 
Hi Juan, I expect to add a set of "analyze" tools in version 2.0, including length and distance tools.

For now one way is to draw a line and watch the distance control in the bottom toolbar, it will show you the distance to the previous point. You can also activate distance constraint by entering a distance there.

Petr also has made a custom command for measuring a length, you can find that at his page here: http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/ , look for "Measure Distance".

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael:

Thank you for your attention

It is this way what I need to measure as I make it in Rhino
also place the file of you line constructive but I don't eat to activate it with quick keys

Another question is like they made a variable fillet in the violin head.

Best regards

Juan Galvan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1051.4 In reply to 1051.1 
Measurement tools in MoI would be nice.

I use this tool a lot on all my graphics programs:

http://iconico.com/caliper/

It has a nice feature where you can calibrate to custom units. For example, you draw a line that should be 5mm long. Adjust the caliper to match the line and set it to read 5. Now other geometry can be measured directly in mm.

This tool is also nice for measuring lines positioned at an angle (grab the caliper and it rotates).

Ed
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
1051.5 In reply to 1051.3 
Hi Juan,

> It is this way what I need to measure as I make it in Rhino
> also place the file of you line constructive but I don't eat to activate it with quick keys

Do you mean that you tried Petr's measure command but it isn't working for you? After you copy the 2 files into the \commands sub-folder underneath MoI's main program folder, you need to add a keyboard shortcut. You can do this under Options / Shortcut keys - add a new entry there and for the command enter "CustomDistance".

> Another question is like they made a variable fillet in the violin head.

You mean the violin shape that Marc was just showing here: http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1050.1 ? I think he used a sweep for making that - MoI does not currently have a variable radius fillet, but that is also something I want to add in later as well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All