architect point of view...

Next
Hi!
I found MoI great tool - of course, there are not many options, or functionality, but it seems to be very good app.
For now, I'm using SketchUp - it's realy handy tool for architecture/arch visualization, BUT...
There is a lack of commands for filleting, chamfering, etc. Also, big disadvantage of that app is that it works on polys, not NURBS - modelling arc-shaped or other 'soft' shaped objects is very "painfull"...
If only MoI can have posibility to draw new shapes on surface of objects, snapping to three axes and push-pull tool (all like SketchUp options), it would be my (and many others) tool of choice :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
105.2 In reply to 105.1 
Hi Yaduhin,

> If only MoI can have posibility to draw new shapes on surface of
> objects, snapping to three axes and push-pull tool

MoI does contain functionality to snap the to x/y/z axes when drawing. Can you describe a bit more about what kind of snapping you're looking for?

Unfortunately, drawing on surfaces and push-pull does not work as easily with NURBS as it does with polygons... It will probably be a while before stuff like this will be included in MoI.

MoI's main approach is just a different strategy than that - instead you draw curves and use construction tools (extrude, loft, sweep) to build surfaces that form your model.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All