Suggestion for improving the mesher.
All  1-3  4-5

Previous
Next
1024.4 In reply to 1024.3 
Hi Crusoe, the dropped tris may be a bug, I'll check into that tomorrow.

Zbrush is adding a center point interior to the n-gon when it triangulates it - MoI does not add any interior points and just triangulates using points on the boundary. That seems to be the difference that you are talking about.

I think I can add that, I'll take a look. It doesn't completely guarantee removing skinny triangles, but it does stop them from traversing the entire n-gon and I think it is an improvement.

However, in your example you have diced everything into small bits using "Divide larger than" so that each n-gon is convex, this type of situation does make it easier to add just a center point for the triangulation. It is not easy though for larger more complex n-gons that are non-convex. I would be interested to see what ZBrush does with those types of n-gons, like if you leave "Divide larger than" off.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
1024.5 In reply to 1024.4 
The new patch available here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1013.24

now performs this type of "connect to centroid point" triangulation when possible, it does seem to generate triangles that are a better proportioned.

Also I fixed a couple of bugs related to triangle optimization, that also should make a difference as well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-5