Feature idea request

Next
Hello,
I have an idea, that would become useful for writing plugins, macros and overall learning of the API.

Could a textual command log/history be implemented, a list of commands that are executed while working? This could then be used to write a specific macro.
Now there's no a straight forward way to find out what chain of commands would trigger following example:
Selected spline > Details > Curve properties: Length > Calculate > Copy to clipboard.

Personally I have no idea where to even start investigating what command name is responsible for each step. Having a written log/history would be very useful.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
11404.2 In reply to 11404.1 
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Moi French Site My Gallery My MagicaVoxel Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
11404.3 In reply to 11404.1 
Hi Fubax, yes I also have some ideas about keeping a history log of actions. There will be a lot of work involved though and I'm not sure when I'll be able to focus on it.

> Now there's no a straight forward way to find out what chain of commands would trigger following example:
> Selected spline > Details > Curve properties: Length > Calculate > Copy to clipboard.

There is actually a straight forward way to determine how to trigger that.

For that one I'd start by looking up the text "Curve properties" inside EnglishStrings.txt . That will give you this:

Properties panel detailed Curve properties=Curve properties

So now you have the text id value "Properties panel detailed Curve properties" and you'll then want to search through the text files in the UI folder for that which will get you to the file ObjectPropertiesDialog.htm which is the code for the dialog box that is displayed when you push the "Details..." button.

Nearby the label that contains the text id "Properties panel detailed Curve properties" there is this button:

<moi:PushButton ... onclick="CalcCurveLength();">

That will then lead you to script code at the top of that same file:

function CalcCurveLength()
    {
        var length = moi.ui.propertiesPanel.calcCurveLength();

The copy to clipboard part is located just below the CalcCurveLength() button, it's this one:

<moi:LabelButton id="curve_length" onclick="moi.copyTextToClipboard( curve_length_text.innerText ); ...

So that's putting the text into the clipboard with the script code moi.copyTextToClipboard( textval );

Basically just look around for the text id values and that will lead you to the particular controls which will have script code inside them.

Actually since that particular thing is not an editing action it would not likely be part of a history log.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All