Viewport Screen goes black after Windows Lock Screen.

Next
Hey Everyone, I am having a bit of a issue with Moi after my IT guy made some updates to my system at work. If I have Moi running and my system goes to a lock screen, after I unlock my machine, the 3d view ports have gone completely black. Everything else seems to be fine and I can save my scene file without issue, but the only way I have found to remedy this is to restart Moi if this happens. I'm maybe thinking its a graphics driver, and normally I'd have my IT guy rollback the drivers but he is out of the office for a few days so I figured I'd ask here.

Quick stats:
Windows 11 Pro, OS build 22631.3593
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3955WX
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000 Driver 552.22
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
11413.2 In reply to 11413.1 
Hi KanakaRed, yes it's likely to be a driver problem.

Does it make any difference if you resize the main window when you get the black screen?

One other thing you can try is to change a setting for which graphics library MoI will use to talk to the GPU. That's in moi.ini (Options > General > "Edit .ini file" button) under [View] GraphicsAPI=Auto

You can try setting GraphicsAPI=OpenGL or in MoI v5 you can try GraphicsAPI=Direct3D9.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
11413.3 In reply to 11413.2 
Looks like manually defining the Graphics API=OpenGL might have worked.
I made the change and locked my windows session then reopened it and the viewport is still there.
I test a few more times just to make sure, but I think this solved the issue.

Prior to setting the API, I did try resizing and minimize and maximize window, moving from one monitor to the other and it didn't resolve the black viewport.
So I am glad I the manual setting is working. Was getting annoying having to restart moi every time I walk away from my computer for more than 5 minutes.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
11413.4 In reply to 11413.3 
I forgot to post yesterday as I got distracted with work, but unfortunately, manually setting the Graphics API isn't going to work. While it did resolve the black screen issue, it created another issue with selecting geometry. For some reason, it would only allow "click" selection in lower right viewport but not in the other three. Only marquee selection would work in the other three viewports. However If I maximize any view, then I'm no longer able to click select geometry in that lower right view. Considering that the black screen is a minor annoyance and doesn't impede my normal workflow, I'll guess I'll live with the auto for now. This is still using v4, I'll test v5 if there are issues when I get a chance.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
11413.5 In reply to 11413.4 
Hi KanakaRed, there is a fix in v5 for something similar to what you're describing so that might be fixed in v5.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2 things.

Did you try direct3d?

And there is a new driver this month…