MoI suitable for vehicle designs? Closed
 1-15  …  96-115  116-135  136-139

Previous
Next
7275.136 In reply to 7275.131 
Michael, I said the same thing:
"MoI may be suitable in modeling cars from already made concepts and blue prints. But it defenetly lucks of some essential tools for this work so it is not the best choise for car design." MoI has no patches and surface match tools. Or I'm wrong?
Yes you always told me to go to polygons and I made what you suggest and I want to thank you for this really valuable suggestions. Now when after about a year of digging into polygons I hardly can think that i'll back ever to the Nurbs.

" Some people know what they want and just want to draw that particular thing as quickly as possible. "
In all that model that I showed here Helicopters etc.. I defently know what I wanted, I made them from blueprints, and I have to say it was not as quick as possible it was absolutely not quick. With that models MoI turned for me from Moment of Inspiration to Weeks of Inspiration.

You talking about styles of modeling but the main thing is forms that you model and MoI have some objective limitation in producing some kind of forms that we can call "Organic". And you told me this so many times.

"Once you get to a higher level of detail it becomes too difficult to manage a large sea of vertices."
I'm not agree with you. If you have enough skills it is not so hard. I know it from personal experience. When I started polygons I made some global mistakes in some models and I have to rebuild and modify very dens cage, from that time I do not afraid anything because I got a lot of skills.
The key thing here is skills.

Also polygons has ABSOLUTLEY different philosophy from Nurbs.
MoI is very simple much simpler for beginners then Polygons. You draw lines sweep them then Boolean and fillet and something is ready. In polys you have feel them like Operators in Matrix read that green code on their screens. To hard for beginners. I need about year to get good skills. But now looking back to remember how much time and efforts I spent to produce that models in MoI I become a bit angry cause I spent too much time with MoI solving puzzles and riddles of Nurbs Modeling that can be done with Polygons in minutes.

Anyway when I started MoI I had zero experience in modeling so I had to start from something, now I have something to compare.
And I want to say you Michael big thanks, you always help me when I need it.

Also I think I made not small contribution in MoI community by making the biggest collection of tutorials for MoI about one hundred where half of them is about organic stuff. So I think some users can excuse my sharpness in discussion. I still continue to answer and help people that ask questions on youtube.

EDITED: 10 Apr 2015 by ANDREI SAMARDAC

More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7275.137 In reply to 7275.136 
Hi Andrei, well I'm glad that you have been able to get a toolset that is more suited for what you want to do!

And thank you very much in your last message for not insulting anyone, maybe we can let this thread die down now, it is getting tiresome.

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 7275.138 deleted 10 Apr 2015 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Previous
7275.139 In reply to 7275.136 
Hi Andrei I see that the lack of insulting was short lived.

Please do not post any more messages insulting users of this forum. If I see you post any messages that are directly insulting other people I will delete them.

If you are not going to be using MoI, I don't understand why you are so focused on posting messages here in the forum - you are aware that this is a support forum for MoI, right?

It is not a place to be attacking and insulting other people's work.

I guess I will lock this thread since you are not able to behave yourself in it.

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Show messages:  1-15  …  76-95  96-115  116-135  136-139