V3 beta Jun-27-2014 available now
 1-17  18-37  38-57  58-59

Previous
Next
6790.58 In reply to 6790.57 
Hi Martin,

> The following seems to be the case if a face is selected for extrusion: - <...>

Yes, unfortunately that's just a limitation on how the history mechanism currently works.

The history function is only able to work when all the inputs that went into the operation are able to be found in the current model.

In your case here the face that you selected as the input into the extrusion isn't present after doing the auto-booleaned extrusion, it's eliminated during the boolean operation. If you check the "Keep separate" option before you click "Set path" you should then get a result that will be able to update as you were looking for but the pieces will all be separate instead of booleaned together.

In the future I want to overhaul the history mechanism to keep a kind of parallel separate database of all previous objects in it so that operations like you're trying to do will work with history. That will involve a major effort though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6790.59 In reply to 6790.58 
Hi Michael.

It's not a big deal for me, because by selecting the top edges of the first solid rather than just its top face, this allows for the second solid to be updated either by resizing the rectangle or reshaping the extrude path curve. It was only when I found that selecting a face acted differently that I wondered if something needed a tweak.

Cheers.

Martin.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-17  18-37  38-57  58-59