Scripts installation
All  1-3  4-18

Previous
Next
 From:  Michael Gibson
12126.4 In reply to 12126.2 
Hi Mala,

re:
> This the list of scripts I found and put into the command folder.

It should be "commands" (note "s" at the end), not command.

You need to put the contents of all those folders into the commands folder.

Most of those will have 2 files, one with a .js file extension and one with .htm file extension. Those 2 files need to get copied into the appdata commands folder. Directly into that folder, not into a child folder like you currently have.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.5 In reply to 12126.4 
All available scripts - how to pick?
I have the feeling that the scripts in the screenshot aren't all the ones available.
I looked at
Max Sirnos´s Script Archive: https://moi3d.com/wiki/MaxScriptArchive
At resources page: https://moi3d.com/resources
Petr´s MoI Page: https://moi3d.com/download/scripts/PetrsMoiPage/PetrsMoiPage.htm
Pilou: https://moi3d.com/wiki/PiesMenuForMoi3D

How to get all available?
Mala

P.S.:
ok - just found BurrMan´s
https://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7841.6
https://moiscript.weebly.com/

EDITED: 10 Oct 3:53 by MALA

  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.6 
Hi,
You mean the scripts should be placed there: Win-key + R:
%AppData%\Moi\commands

When I do that this path is opened on my Win11:
C:\Users\info\AppData\Roaming\Moi\commands

Something is wrong. No MoI folder in AppData.
In the folder "Roaming" - there is a MoI folder. Idea why?

Mala




Image Attachments:
Size: 26.8 KB, Downloaded: 3 times, Dimensions: 681x284px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Michael Gibson
12126.7 In reply to 12126.5 
Hi Mala, Burr's archive is listed on the resources page: https://moi3d.com/resources

The link is named "Burr's script archive - collection of scripts posted on the forum".

- Michael

EDITED: 10 Oct 6:11 by MICHAEL GIBSON

  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Michael Gibson
12126.8 In reply to 12126.6 
Hi Mala,

> You mean the scripts should be placed there: Win-key + R:
> %AppData%\Moi\commands

Yes, as described in the FAQ question #1
quote:
On Windows you can find the Moi appdata folder by typing Win+R to bring up the Windows "Run" dialog and then type in:
%AppData%\Moi\commands

> When I do that this path is opened on my Win11:
> C:\Users\info\AppData\Roaming\Moi\commands

Yes, that's where you need to put them.


> Something is wrong. No MoI folder in AppData.
> In the folder "Roaming" - there is a MoI folder. Idea why?

Nothing is wrong, it is normal that the MoI folder is located under C:\Users\info\AppData\Roaming\ and not C:\Users\info\AppData\ .

The reason why is that there are 3 different ways in Windows to store user profile data. Just C:\Users\info\AppData\ is not intended by Windows to have data stored in an immediate sub folder, it is supposed to go inside AppData\Local , AppData\LocalLow or AppData\Roaming, depending on the type of data. The most commonly used and the one used by Moi is under AppData\Roaming.

If you want to know the details on the different types of user profile data there is some info on it here:
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/local-localnow-roaming-folders-windows-10

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.9 
Hi Mala, Burr's archive is listed on the resources page:
https://moi3d.com/resources

The link is named "Burr's script archive - collection of scripts posted on the forum".

- Michael

got a 404

EDITED: 10 Oct 6:12 by MICHAEL GIBSON

  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.10 
As you can probably tell, I’m no expert when it comes to PC file structures and systems. I just want to know where the files are supposed to go. I’ve now copied in all the scripts I found, but I still can’t launch them. They ought to be in the right place by now—under C:\Users\info\AppData\Roaming\Moi\commands.

Do the file folders perhaps need to be unzipped:



Attachments:

  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Michael Gibson
12126.11 In reply to 12126.9 
Hi Mala,

re:
> got a 404

Sorry I had a typo, it's fixed now:

https://moi3d.com/resources

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Michael Gibson
12126.12 In reply to 12126.10 
Hi Mala,

re:
> Do the file folders perhaps need to be unzipped:

The answer is in the first 2 sentences of the FAQ, please read it:

FAQ #1, How to install a plug-in script.

Also it can be helpful if you change a Windows setting so it will not hide the file extensions:
https://www.howtogeek.com/205086/beginner-how-to-make-windows-show-file-extensions/

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Message 12126.13 deleted 10 Oct 12:35 by ZOOEN

Previous
Next
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.14 
Hi Michael, thanks—I don't think I have issues with the file extensions; I can see whether a file is .html or .js.
New - I moved the HTML/JS files from the folders into the commands folder, but I'm still having problems. When I launch MoI, I get the error message I’ve attached, and I still can't run the scripts within the program.



Image Attachments:
Size: 115.4 KB, Downloaded: 13 times, Dimensions: 964x1165px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Message 12126.15 deleted 10 Oct 12:35 by ZOOEN

Previous
Next
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.16 
Thanks, Zooen, for your efforts. However, I fail to see what the organization of the displayed file structure has to do with the fact that the script folder (or "commands" folder) cannot be launched from within MoI. Are we—or rather, am I—talking at cross-purposes?
Image Attachments:
Size: 135.8 KB, Downloaded: 9 times, Dimensions: 701x1107px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Michael Gibson
12126.17 In reply to 12126.14 
Hi Mala,

re:
> When I launch MoI, I get the error message I’ve attached, and I still
> can't run the scripts within the program.

You will get that error message on the program startup if you have placed the _Voronoi.js file in the %AppData%\Moi\startup folder.

It is not intended to be used as a startup script, it is meant to be copied into the commands folder.

If you delete the _Voronoi.js file from the startup folder that error message should stop being shown on program startup.

If you have got _Voronoi.js and _Voronoi.htm copied into the commands folder, how are you trying to run the scripts?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.18 
Hi Michael, Voroni - Iremoved it > no more error message. Thank you.
A problem persists, however: when I click on "Scripts" in the bottom bar, the scripts in "Commands" are not triggered. Also, the "Scripts" entry appears twice.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged
 

Reply to All Reply to All

 

 
 
Show messages: All  1-3  4-18