Scripts installation
 1-19  20-35

Previous
Next
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.20 
Thanks Michael, I removed "80 scripts" > it now appears only once in the GUI. However, just like the "Light" script, it doesn't open scripts from the "Commands" folder; a small black-and-white area just keeps appearing instead.
What is still wrong there?
Mala






  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.21 
...here are the data folders: commands / plugins / startup / themes

Are the HTML/JS files incorrectly located?

Mala

...here are the data folders: commands / plugins / startup / themes
Are the HTML/JS files assigned incorrectly?
Mala
P.S.: Plugins and themes are empty.












  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Message 12126.22 deleted 11 Oct 9:29 by ZOOEN

Previous
Next
 From:  Zooen
12126.23 In reply to 12126.21 
That’s strange (though I might be way off the mark!) – you don’t have a ‘customui’ folder in the ‘Moi’ folder
AppData > Roaming > Moi > customui
My ‘customui’ folder contains
Scripts.menu.htm
ScriptsFull.menu.htm
LightingOptions.htm
LightingPresets.menu.htm

I’ve just carried out a test: if I disable LightingOptions.htm and LightingPresets.menu.htm, I get the same empty rectangles as you.
That might be a lead – and I do mean might.

EDITED: 11 Oct 10:45 by ZOOEN

Image Attachments:
Size: 17.9 KB, Downloaded: 2 times, Dimensions: 377x198px
Size: 37.2 KB, Downloaded: 8 times, Dimensions: 535x242px
Size: 43.7 KB, Downloaded: 8 times, Dimensions: 791x349px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Michael Gibson
12126.24 In reply to 12126.21 
Hi Mala,

re:
> Are the HTML/JS files incorrectly located?

Those are located correctly now.

I think Zooen is correct that you're missing part of the CustomUI mod that adds those buttons to the bottom toolbar.

Make a folder named customui at the same level as commands/plugins/startup/themes and put the attached files into it.

For the lighting menu to work you will need to run the Lighting Options dialog one time. To do that select the following text and do Ctrl+C, then inside MoI type the Tab key to put keyboard focus into the XYZ input box in the bottom toolbar and then Ctrl+V then Enter. The lighting options dialog should show, and that will initialize the lighting options stored in moi.ini and the lighting menu should then work.

Text to paste is this:

script: /* Opens Lighting Options Dialog */ moi.ui.createDialog( 'moi://appdata/customui/LightingOptions.htm' );


- Michael

  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.25 
Hi Zooen, thanks for the effort; I’m going to uninstall and reinstall MoI now. If that doesn’t work, I might be able to create the `custommoi` folder manually.
P.S.: Just´ saw michaels workaround, thank you, and try this as second option like intended by me too.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Michael Gibson
12126.26 In reply to 12126.25 
Hi Mala, uninstall/reinstall MoI isn't going to do anything for this particular problem, the stuff that you need is from a UI mod and isn't part of the regular install.

If you make a folder customui at the same level as commands/startup/etc... and copy the above files into it that should get the UI mod set up.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Michael Gibson
12126.27 In reply to 12126.25 
Hi Mala,

re:
> If that doesn’t work, I might be able to create the `custommoi` folder manually.

Yes you should create the folder manually, but note that it should be named customui , not custommoi .

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  MO (MO_TE)
12126.28 
Hi MALA,
I might be wrong since I'm going off a day-old screenshot, but I think you accidentally extracted "CustomUI.2.0.beta2" into your "Commands" folder. You can see it in your screenshot in post #10.
The contents of that folder should actually go into "AppData/Roaming/Moi", As Michael and Zooen mentioned.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.29 
Hi Mo,thx.
I added "CustomUI.2'" - still does not run. (also with Michael hints not)
Mala



  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  MO (MO_TE)
12126.30 In reply to 12126.29 
You should open the "CustomUI.2.0.beta2" folder and copy all the folders inside it, then paste them into "AppData/Roaming/Moi". It looks like you copied the main folder instead of its contents.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.31 
I tried to follow your ideas - still no commands open by click "scripts" button in MoI-GUI.
Other thoughts - the file structure within the `AppData>Roaming>Moi` path now includes the `CustomUI2` folder—just like with Mo. This folder, in turn, contains the `customui`, `objects`, and `startup` folders. However, there is no `commands` folder. That strikes me as odd and is confusing; it’s like a parallel file structure that is almost identical.
Also, Michael, you mentioned that `CustomUI2` should go into the `AppData` folder (at least, I think I read that—though I can't seem to find it in the thread anymore)(or is this a misunderstanding from my side - almost little confused).
Any thoughts on these points, questions, or observations?






  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  MO (MO_TE)
12126.32 In reply to 12126.31 
@ Mala,
That's because you haven't copied the contents of the "CustomUI.2.0.beta2" folder yet. You need to copy the "customui", "objects", and "startup" folders into the 'moi' folder. Select "Replace" if Windows asks.

The 'moi' folder structure should look like this:

Moi
├── commands
├── customui
├── objects
└── startup
Other files and folders stay the same.

The commands downloaded from the forum or website (those consisting of .js and .htm files) should be placed directly in the 'commands' folder. Do not place them inside any subfolders; move only the files themselves.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  Lara (MALA)
12126.33 
Thanks a lot, MO, for really digging into this. I’m so confused—I can’t make heads or tails of it anymore. Is there no documentation or how-to guide for the overall structure—and which files go where? Or did you all just get it right instinctively?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
 From:  MO (MO_TE)
12126.34 In reply to 12126.33 
No problem; it looks like you just mixed up the installation process for the commands and the custom UI.
It seems you've already installed your commands, so just go for fixing the custom ui. I'll put the links in case you need them.

To install commands, follow the guide here:
https://moi3d.com/faq#Q:_How_do_I_install_a_plug-in_script.3F
For example, the edgeFlange.js and edgeFlange.htm files should go directly into the "commands" folder.

To install the custom UI, follow this instruction:
https://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.268

Take your time and try again. You'll see it's quite simple once you get the hang of it.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
 From:  BurrMan
12126.35 In reply to 12126.33 
Hi Mala,
I will attempt to help with my observation.

I think the error for you comes from extracting "Zipped" or "compressed archives"

I have created a sample file for you to test with. A Zip file which contains only 1 single, text document named "1.txt"

You can test HOW you are extracting the contents of the file!

There are usually "2 ways" that the extraction happens. Your choice matters.

in Winzip or Winrar, the options are these:

1. Extract Files

2. Extract to 1

3. Extract Here

The first 2 methods create a folder named the same as the contents, with the contents inside that. So a folder named "1" appears, with the 1.txt file inside of that.

The last method, #3, Extracts the Contents (a single "1.txt" file) to where you chose

So with this file, experiment with how you extract it and realize when and where you get the "contents" of the zipped archive!

Hope this helps
Attachments:

  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged
 

Reply to All Reply to All

 

 
 
Show messages:  1-19  20-35