MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: turning off the transform helpers

3 Aug 2020   [#1]
Hello Michael, all -
I've been doing some detailled 2d drafting in MOI lately and I find that the little transform manipulators often get in the way of selecting things. I often accidentally click and drag them by mistake because of the way they may suddently appear in a place where I am just about to perform my next selection. In other words, an area that may seem "free" to click and drag from, suddenly becomes occupied by these controls even though I personally dont use them.

Is there a way to turn these off ? Both visually and functionally.

Thanks !

Image Attachments:
moi manipulators.png 

3 Aug 2020   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Options / Disable "Show Edit Frame" ?
3 Aug 2020   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Yup, it's the option Pilou writes above which is in the View section of the Options dialog.

- Michael
3 Aug 2020   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Well, that seems to be it ! Thanks :)

On a similar note : is there a way to disable drag-moving, too ? By that I mean the ability to move elements by dragging them directly with the mouse - as this too can interfere with selection, although to a lesser extent than the manipulators mentionned earlier.

-----

Also, a suggestion : Marvelous Designer has a fantastic tool letting one transform straight segments into curves, like so :

https://imgur.com/5qOeAwW

To achieve a similar result in MOI one needs to add one or two new points to the middle of a sgement, select the segments, enable show points, and then dragging the points around. Having the ability to intuitively turn segments into curves like in MD (or something similar) would be fantastic really.
3 Aug 2020   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi pior,

re:
> On a similar note : is there a way to disable drag-moving, too ? By that I mean the ability
> to move elements by dragging them directly with the mouse - as this too can interfere
> with selection, although to a lesser extent than the manipulators mentionned earlier.

Sorry no there isn't currently any way to turn off object dragging.

- Michael
15 Aug 2020   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Understood ! Object dragging rarely gets in the way anyways.

Now for something different : I've been running into a strange behavior causing a vertical ruler to appear unexpectedly, even when all snapping options are turned off :

It seems to be similar to what usually shows up when click-dragging from the right side of the main viewport area (as if trying to modify the width of panels), next to the toolbar.

Admittedly my UI is heavily customized so this might be what is causing this ghost line. Also FWIW I am running a 3-monitor setup, so maybe that's a factor here.

This isn't much of a bother, just a bit annoying when it happens. Any idea as to what could be causing this ?

Image Attachments:
MOI odd vertical line B.png  MOI odd vertical line.gif 

15 Aug 2020   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi Pior, which version of MoI are you running, is it Jan-21-2020 ? If so try updating to the Jan-22 one at http://moi3d.com/beta.htm . There was a bug in the Jan-21 beta with the new scene browser sizing panel mechanism that was fixed in the Jan-22 build.

- Michael
18 Aug 2020   [#8]
Ha, that seems to be it indeed ! Just moved to Jan-22 and so far it hasn't shown up again.
Thanks !

Message 9905.9 was deleted