MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: MoI 3d as a tool for everyday stuff

2 Aug 2020   [#1]
I use MoI3d quite often for everyday design.

The first thing is a few shelves for my wife :) She came to me and said: hey Mr designer I need a few flower shelves for main room, how to cut wooden planks in the best way to use all material and have nice shelves (for flowers - she had some idea from internet).
I`ve thought MoI3d is a tool to solve that quest :)

The second thing is a distance fixture bracket for my 3d printer. The enclosure was too short and I had to give more space inside. MoI3d also helped me with that. After an hour later I had brackets ready to mount :)

I know it`s nothing fancy.

I have also one question: how to export dimensions to the image? I had to do print screens.

Image Attachments:
shelff.jpg  uchwyt.jpg 

2 Aug 2020   [#2]
<< how to export dimensions to the image? I had to do print screens.

Export as PDF format ?
2 Aug 2020   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Export to PDF does not support dimensions.
2 Aug 2020   [#4] In reply to [#1]
Hi mdesign,

re:
> I have also one question: how to export dimensions to the image? I had to do print screens.

I'm still in the process of working on exporting dimensions to PDF, AI, and DXF formats. It's the last area that I have left to finish before v4 is wrapped up.

- Michael
2 Aug 2020   [#5]
Before the Michael PDF Moi Dimension you can try Dimension by Max Smirnov who can be exported to PDF ;)

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7403.133
5 Aug 2020   [#6]
Thanks a lot. For now print screen was enough for me. I`m glad that will be included inside v4. Thanks for that additional method of exporting dimensions. I haven`t known that.