MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Copy-paste from Rhino 7 to MoI3d

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-51

12 Jan 2021   [#41] In reply to [#40]
Thanks Michael for working on this! I haven't tried the MOI > Rhino yet as I rarely go that way. Once my workload lightens up I will give it a try.
10 Feb 2021   [#42] In reply to [#41]
I`ve tried today and MoI3d -> Rhino v7 went ok without any additional plugin. Thanks Michael for making possible again copy-paste between Rhino->MoI with your additional plugin. It`s very useful.
12 Mar 2021   [#43]
Hi, after this Copy-Paste tweak I have problem copy-paste inside of MoI3d. Because when I hit copy-paste inside MoI3d then nothing happen (pasted mesh is not pasting). I have to click "save as" and after hitting that button pasting is finishing properly. So I cancel saving and I have pasted mesh. Is there any simpler way to copy-paste inside Moi3d without clicking on "Save As" button to finish pasting operation?
12 Mar 2021   [#44] In reply to [#43]
Hi mdesign, so this is happening when you modify the Paste command in MoI to run the helper program for enabling copy/paste to Rhino v7?

What operating system are you running on and what version of Moi are you using?

Can you show what you have for your paste keyboard shortcut now?

- Michael
15 Mar 2021   [#45] In reply to [#44]
Sorry for late reply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4njmGKkPKI

Windows x64

1) create cube
2) ctrl-c cube (copy cube)
3) del cube
4) ctrl-v cube (paste cube). Nothing happen. There is no cube in the scene.
5) Click save as - cube will paste properly.

This is very annoying on bigger projects.

Cheers!!!
15 Mar 2021   [#46] In reply to [#45]
Hi mdesign, so this is happening when you modify the Paste command in MoI to run the helper program for enabling copy/paste to Rhino v7?

Or have you not done any modification to the paste keyboard shortcut ?

If you have modified it can you show what you have in the keyboard shortcut now for Ctrl+V ?

- Michael
15 Mar 2021   [#47] In reply to [#46]
I`ve done modification on ctrl-V shortcut as you adviced before to have copy-paste feature between MoI and Rhino 7.

And it works well. But after doing that it broke my pasting inside MoI (with using ctrl-v). Maybe I should give other shortcut for Rhino paste not ctrl-v because I broke paste functionality inside MoI (when I use only MoI and I don`t use MoI-Rhino coop).

Image Attachments:
Zrzut ekranu 2021-03-16 093821.jpg 

15 Mar 2021   [#48] In reply to [#47]
Hi mdesign, it looks like the shortcut key is not quite right, there's a description for how it needs to be set up earlier in this thread here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9890.22

The key thing that you're missing:
quote:

One thing to note is the path name in the script code needs doubled backslash characters. Instead of just one \ as the path separator it needs 2 like \\. That's because in JavaScript a single \ is an escape character for special characters like \t means tab or \n means newline. The \\ means make a single backslash in the actual string.

So where you have "c:\UpdateRhinoClipboard.exe", you instead need it to be "c:\\UpdateRhinoClipboard.exe" - note the doubled backslash.

There is probably a bug where if you give an invalid path to moi.filesystem.shellExecute() with the "wait for finished" enabled it ends up getting stuck waiting for a non-existent program to finish running and then running some other command cancels out from that wait. I'll see if I can fix that up.

- Michael
15 Mar 2021   [#49] In reply to [#48]
Hi mdesign, also it looks like you may have 2 sets of quotes around the c:\UpdateRhinoClipboard.exe, one pair of single quote ' characters and another pair of double quote " characters. Modify that to have just one or the other in that spot.

- Michael
16 Mar 2021   [#50] In reply to [#49]
It works!!! Thank you Michael for your effort with solving my issue. I`ve changed single backslash to double and removed unneeded pair of quotes. It helped to solve that issue exactly as you said.

Cheers!!!
16 Mar 2021   [#51] In reply to [#50]
You're welcome mdesign, I'm glad that it's working now!

I have tuned up the shellExecute method for v5 so that if there was an error in launching the program it won't try to wait for it to finish.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-51