MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Layer Styles?

Show messages: All  1-7  8-10

5 Sep 2020   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Many thanks for this Michael, I anticipate to have the license on
Monday just deciding which reseller.. best I try dxf bit later. I think I've seen enough and want to move forward now.. really like flexibility the software can provide and excited to get things done to my ideas...

FYI:
My intention is to develop a very fast workflow for creating models all basically same product, mainly just with dimension changes... then export and render these fast...

One question, very relevant to this potential workflow is...
Can a dxf or vector object that's been imported be identified easily by line weight, object name or some other feature like colour or the 'style layer' it's on?
Basically I would create a load of points, dots or shapes
and want these individual 'reference objects' to be replaced with a moi3d library object, in a click.

You can presume these objects will start as 2D or have ZO
until moi takes over :0)

Kindest Regards

Stefano
5 Sep 2020   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Hi Stefano,

re:
> Can a dxf object that's been imported be identified easily by line weight or some other feature
> like colour or the 'style layer' it's on?

Currently MoI does not have any support for assigning line weights, and colors cannot be set as an individual object property. An object's color in Moi comes from the style that it is assigned to.

But I would think the style/layer that its on could be used for that.

But I'm not sure that I entirely understand what you're trying to do by identifying the imported object.

- Michael
5 Sep 2020   [#10] In reply to [#9]
Hi Michael, I feel that's great for now. Will 'get stuck in' learning moi3d (v4 etc) next. Probably best to create a seperate post with an example on my particular object 'swapping' idea bit later. Thanks again for your
answers that have created positive momentum.
-- Stefano

Show messages: All  1-7  8-10