MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Lines in the perspective mode partly disappear

4 May 2020   [#1]
I have some strange artifacts in the perspective mode. Lines sometimes disappear or they just show very tiny and barely visible.
However, when I switch to Parallel mode everything is normal and smooth.

Is this a normal behavior? I've never noticed that before.

Tested in Moi3dV4-V3

Image Attachments:
Isometric.jpg  Perspective.jpg 

4 May 2020   [#2] In reply to [#1]
I believe it's just artifact for have the more possible speedy display !

Maybe if you change "Mesh angle" , Detail to Inflections in the Options Views / Parameters you will obtain a better result...
4 May 2020   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi surferdude, yes that is a normal display artifact with the current display engine. The display engine is focused a lot on doing things quickly and there are some sacrifices made for that in display quality, this is one of them.

It's related to the one discussed here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4987.2 although the one you're seeing is from not pulling the curves forward enough, the other one discussed in the link is what happens when they are pulled too much.

Due to the way video cards work, the distribution of depth values in a perspective view is non-linear and that tends to make problems in this area show up more in perspective views. It's also affected by the overall bounds of all the objects being displayed so if you hide some of the other ones it can help too.

I have some ideas on possible improvements to this area that I would like to experiment with in the future but for now that's just a display artifact to ignore.

- Michael
6 May 2020   [#4]
Thanks Michael for the extended reply, Good to know that this issue is not on my side.

I'm working with Moi3d for a couple of years and never noticed that before, not a big problem.

Perhaps I've started to use Fusion 360 recently and my eyes started to compare those views, so I've noticed the artifacts. However, Moi3D performance outperforms Fusion 360.

Eagerly waiting what you are going to add to a new SubD section, UI and performance is already great! We just need more tools.