13 May 2020   [#44]
That is helping for newbie..

14 May 2020   [#45] In reply to [#43]
Hi Tim,

This video may help you with scale:

16 May 2020   [#46]
Hi Tim

Being a noob like you in Blender i need to do some training
Vespa scooter was my very first render,but i used Blender Luxcore,now l try Cycles
Need a simplemodel, i used your -Uro- but modified :) :) :)
It reminds me the Blue Flame rocket vehicle,did the record speed in 1970 at Bonneville Salt Flats
These are my exercises:
use a background image and a simple floor
shadow catching with HDRI
solve unwanted reflection
trying different carpaints
achieve a transition color ramp
add decals

:) :)

You can use measure tool in Blender to check if your original dimension is the same inside Blender
I know URO in Moi is 4 meters so i check

Many thanks to Chipp BlenderGuru for the video !

@Franz
I build chairs and so I have a question:
Do you work at pade, balestrini, scm or greda?

No,but I know well first 3 brands

M

Image Attachments:
DIM.jpg  URO-BACK.jpg  URO-DESERT.jpg  URO-SIDE.jpg 

18 May 2020   [#47]
Thanks Chip. I never dreamed that the default units in Blender were metres. That is one giant monkey! Your video certainly explains why my model started out so large when I brought it into Blender. However, I don't really care what the scale is or if it agrees in MOI and Blender. I'm only trying to render this one model, so the scale should be (?) irrelevant. What I was wondering about was if the scale affects the quality of the rendering. Also, because I inadvertently scaled the camera, I wondered if that would affect quality. I guess I should show you what my (personal) problem is. This is the best that I've been able to do. I specified 'Glass', but it doesn't show as such. And the 'Sun' doesn't produce anything like 'sunlight'. I had to add some area lights just to bring out some of the totally black areas of the model; and these reflect in the paint which gives the wrong effect. This is the best that I can do. I don't know what else to change as I have already specified what I want, and this is the result. Anyhow, as I said, this forum is not about Blender and I didn't offer this model to get into all this. But some of you have had fun with the model, so that's what matters.

Image Attachments:
Bad render in Blender.jpg 

25 May 2020   [#48] In reply to [#47]
This video will help you setup lighting and an HDRI map:

Show messages:  1-3  4-23  24-43  44-48