Attachments:
Backward bike to render.3dm

29 Apr 2020   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi,
What's the question ?
29 Apr 2020   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Maybe he only shared the model as gift?
29 Apr 2020   [#5]
All the questions have been answered in the design, but this is not an engineering forum, so you can just have a look at what it takes to do better than 100-kms in one hour on one litre of gasoline.
29 Apr 2020   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Your file is called "Backward bike to render.3dm", I thought you wanted a render.
30 Apr 2020   [#7]
Ultra cool! Bravo!
30 Apr 2020   [#8]
I believe that this light is not favorable to the aerodynamism!
Why not a caps bulb ?

30 Apr 2020   [#9] In reply to [#8]
yes you are right :)
30 Apr 2020   [#10] In reply to [#9]
yes it will be better with a cap bulb :)

PS :Sorry for the off-topic, but it was fun to see this thing in realistic rendering.
30 Apr 2020   [#11] In reply to [#10]
A lot of better but there is always a little sharp gap! ;)

else the original...

7 May 2020   [#12]
Sorry for the delay in getting back to this. First, Thank You for the renders! I have been trying to do a render in Blender 2.8 and it's terrible. I don't know what is wrong or how to make it work. You should know that the front 'windscreen' is not! It is just painted on the body to look like a dark-tinted windscreen -- so as not to scare the children. The driver sits facing the rear (!) so a window there would be useless. The rear is clear Lexan. The driver sees through VR glasses which show images from two cameras, which are at the top of that 'periscope'. They are high so that the driver (who sits very low) can see over the cars ahead of him. The cameras are the same distance apart as our eyes, and each camera corresponds to one eye. As the driver turns his head, the cameras turn, so he really feels as if he is looking out from that high vantage point. The two front wheels drive but don't steer. The rear wheel steers. The front wheels don't lean with the body, they lean at a ratio of 1:2 with the body. This is a totally new concept in vehicles, and it all goes together like this because if you change anything, it just won't work! As for that "light" that bothers you: It's not a light. That is the air intake for the engine! The air exhausts behind the front wheels. An IC engine runs an alternator that powers two electric motors, one for each front wheel. An ultra-capacitor serves as a buffer. As for a real front light, I haven't decided quite how I want to do that, so right now it doesn't have one. But I'm leaning toward an array of LEDs, which would be set into the body just below the fake 'windscreen'. These are so small that they are almost invisible from a distance if they are not on. If anybody knows Blender and would like to help me understand why it's not working for me, please send me an e-mail at: tchickox@gmail.com If anyone wants more technical info on the URO (Unidentified Rolling Object) they can contact me there also.
7 May 2020   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Ask to Chipp Walters it's became a Blender's guru in no time! A lucky man! ;)
8 May 2020   [#14] In reply to [#12]
Blender 2.8 and it's terrible?
Maybe isn't a software for You.
Some sample with procedural weld nodes and an others older
No there is a red button where it do the settings and render it for you, this is complex software and needs a bit of study is not for everyone, maybe you have to consider using keyshot.

Image Attachments:
Andreani_Vega_Dart31.png  Blender_CAD8.jpg  cat_tank_03.jpg  welded_joint_011.jpg 

8 May 2020   [#15]
A free cool one for Moi (maxi 1920 *1080) without any headaches is SimLab Composer Lite ;)
https://www.simlab-soft.com/3d-products/simlab-composer-lite.aspx

just don't export from Moi in 3DM but in OBJ with any options!

8 May 2020   [#16] In reply to [#15]
Made now in 10 minutes. attached the file for Blender, but I not here to convince you to use Blender only a demonstration If you know how use is simple, the web is fully of tutorials, if decide to use. but there are many alternative that you can use maybe more suitable to you.

Here a profile of a mechanical engineering student that make all inside Blender, without any others CAD.
https://www.artstation.com/wanoco4d

Image Attachments:
ltra-efficient vehicle_2020-05-08_13-10-13.jpg  Ultra-efficient vehicle.jpg 

8 May 2020   [#17] In reply to [#16]
Great render pafurijaz !
8 May 2020   [#18] In reply to [#17]
Thanks Finema, is only a try without much work, but I saw the file is without any plausible dimension and seem developed without units. seem developed as an experiment, like a sketches. but anyway here more images with HDRI and normals corrected, because the model is done with mirrored side.

Image Attachments:
Ultra-efficient vehicle1.jpg  Ultra-efficient vehicle2.jpg  Ultra-efficient vehicle3.jpg 

8 May 2020   [#19]
I've watched many Blender tutorials; they make everything look simple, because the person doing it knows what he is doing. But when I try to do things, it doesn't work. The only way to learn something like this (and I believe that this applies to education in general) is to have an knowledgeable person watch what I'm doing and say, "Wait, that won't work! Here is what you must do:" My render looks nothing like yours and I don't have a clue why there is a huge difference. Since I don't know what is wrong, I don't know what to do to 'fix it'. And I don't think the problem is with Blender. If I used another program I would expect to have the same problems. So I've just given up on rendering models until I can see a way out of the no-way-forward problem.
9 May 2020   [#20] In reply to [#19]
Hi as you said the main problem is thinking is a simple as see on videos that are very confusing, Blender is a complex software, and maybe you don't know the basics for such type of application, is a professional software, and it is fully of features not only the rendering that is a final step for any works, the complexity is in various knowledge and as for others modern path tracer they follow the same rules, Renderman used in movies for most of the VFX is an hardest software even than Blender. To have a nice render you need to take the time and don't give up, many tutorials was made from newbie that don't really understand what is the right way to teach. maybe if you have time start reading some book or get a look on online manual. There is many steps before you know how use it, such as for material physics, like the glass that react in different manner if the have the thickness or not, for metals and many of those now are more simpler with a new node implemented in various rendering engines, the Principled shader developed by Pixar and used in Blender and others path tracer such as AMD ProRender Vray etc. for any materials there is many parameter to tweaking, but anyway if you have time is free great application, and make awesome render.

Below the link to the manual for technical information
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/index.html

and here a video series for First Steps - Blender 2.80 Fundamentals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF1qEhBSfq4

A great community where people share and helps
https://blenderartists.org/

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-48