MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: MOI Amazing

28 Mar 2020   [#1]
Hello MOI

I am into my third week of trial and I don’t know why I didn’t discover this software before now. I just purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad with Wacom pen and was especially interested because of the way MOI it was meant to work with pen tablets and it’s great, don’t know of any 3d software for windows that come close. The only issue I am having are the 3 buttons in the lower right corner, even when I wear a glove my arm will hit these buttons now and then and was wondering if the customizing scripts for the ui might be able to move them?

Talking about the Options, Help and Full Screen Toggle

But this is what I find even more amazing, I thought for the hell of it I would install into my 16 year old IBM X41T Thinkpad Tablet and it works great. How is this even possible?

This started out as a simple test to see how the various tools worked and I’m still boleaning my way through it, had to stop because sometime I need to work.

Great stuff, Really

Tim

Image Attachments:
IBM_MOI_01h.jpg 

28 Mar 2020   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Render in Rhino3D
28 Mar 2020   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Tim, I'm really glad you are liking MoI! :)

re:
> But this is what I find even more amazing, I thought for the hell of it I would install into my
> 16 year old IBM X41T Thinkpad Tablet and it works great. How is this even possible?

Well unfortunately it won't stay that way for v4. MoI v3 and earlier are designed to be functional on very low memory graphics cards like even the original first GeForce and Radeon cards.

Times change though and it's hard to focus both on that and also for current video cards that can have 500 times as much memory. So MoI v4 will not be able to function on that kind of really really ancient graphics hardware unlike MoI v3. Also MoI v4 requires Windows 7 64-bit or higher, while MoI v3 can actually run as far back as Windows 2000 (with DirectX9 update installed).

It's not that MoI v4 requires anything particularly fancy, just that it needs more than the 32 MB (MB not GB) of VRAM that MoI v3 could actually work ok with.

> The only issue I am having are the 3 buttons in the lower right corner, even when
> I wear a glove my arm will hit these buttons now and then and was wondering with
> if the customizing scripts for the ui might be able to move them?

It is possible to move them by editing some of the UI definition files, where do you want them to go? Are you using it in portrait position too?

- Michael
28 Mar 2020   [#4]
Michael, Thanks for the reply

I use MOI in landscape mode on the Lenovo and I thought the ideal place for me would be just under MOI in the upper left corner.

I see your very responsive throughout the forum and I'm sure it's very appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Image Attachments:
Capture.PNG 

28 Mar 2020   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi Tim, so to move those buttons over you'll need to go into the \ui sub-folder (located at a spot inside the install folder like C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\ui) and use a text editor like Notepad to edit a couple of files. When you run Notepad you should probably right-click it and choose "Run as Administrator" when you launch Notepad so that it will have permission to modify files in there.

The first step will be to open the file CommandBar.htm in Notepad, near the end of the file those 3 buttons are defined as this:

code:
				<moi:CommandButton icon="res://optionsicon" onclick="if ( event.ctrlKey && event.shiftKey ) { LlamaMode(); } else { moi.ui.createDialog( 'Options.htm', 'resizeable,defaultWidth:43em,defaultHeight:32em' ); }"><moi:Text textid="Options"/></moi:CommandButton>
				<moi:CommandSplitButton icon="res://helpicon" menu="HelpMenu.htm" onclick="moi.launchHelp();"><moi:Text textid="Help"/></moi:CommandSplitButton>

<moi:WindowControlButton
					style="vertical-align:bottom;"
					icon="Expand.png"
					binding="style.display < return (moiWindow.IsMaximized && moiWindow.canChangeMaximizedSize()) ? 'inline' : 'none';
						;; firstChild.firstChild.src < return moi.ui.maximizeToFullScreen ? 'Contract.png' : 'Expand.png';"
					onclick="moi.ui.maximizeToFullScreen = !moi.ui.maximizeToFullScreen;">
				</moi:WindowControlButton>

Select all that text and use Ctrl+X/Cut to remove it from there.

Next open the file SidePaneFilename.htm and at the end of that file paste that text in and that should do it.

It's probably a good idea to make backup copies of CommandBar.htm and SidePaneFilename.htm before modifying them so it is easy for you to restore it back to the default if needed for some reason.

Another thing you can try is to edit the file MainWindowLayout.xml and change the bottom command bar to be at the top of the window instead. To do that find the line that has:

code:
	<UIPanel dock="bottom" src="moi://ui/CommandBar.htm"/>

and change it to have dock="top" instead.

I hope that helps! - Michael
29 Mar 2020   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Michael,

Thanks so much,

The first solution only seemed to get rid of the fullscreen toggle.

The second solution works fine for me that's what I do with the Windows taskbar as well, but even after replacing the command bar htm I am still missing the full screen toggle?

I plan on purchasing the program just after the first so I'll try then and go from there.

Tim
29 Mar 2020   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi Tim, if you can post your modified CommandBar.htm and SidePaneFilename.htm files here as a file attachment I can check them out to see if they are set up ok.

> but even after replacing the command bar htm I am still missing the full screen toggle?

The full screen toggle is only shown if the window is maximized and on a screen that has a Windows taskbar on it. If your window is not maximized or not on a monitor with a task bar then it is normal that it will not show up.

- Michael
29 Mar 2020   [#8] In reply to [#7]
I appreciate it but I am going to go ahead and buy the program this week and work with moving the entire main bar to the top and doing so I won't have to be concerned about adding some more buttons that I might want from the custom ui setup. If there are any issues then I'll be sure to post them here.

It really is a great product and a great value so I'm on board.

Tim
4 Apr 2020   [#9]
Hi Michael,

Really loving this program.

I just discovered that you could click on the style and the dimensions under the Naming input but the pop up keypad doesn't seem to work there.

I'm working with pen tablets otherwise not an issue at all.

Thanks for any help

Image Attachments:
size input.png 

4 Apr 2020   [#10] In reply to [#9]
Hi Tim, yes the popup is intentionally disabled on those controls. I guess at the time I thought it looked a little strange on that small popup and I decided to focus that particular area on keyboard input.

- Michael