MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Affinity suite 50% / Covid 19

20 Mar 2020   [#1]
So cool! Affinity designer Compatible with Moi with PDF format! ;)
https://affinity.serif.com

The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic have severely impacted people all over the world. To provide some support during this incredibly difficult time, we’re now offering a 90-day free trial of all the Mac and Windows versions of the whole Affinity suite. We’re also offering a 50% discount for users who would prefer to buy and keep the apps, including iPad versions.

20 Mar 2020   [#2]
I was a long time Photoshop user. Two years ago I switched over to Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer. The learning curve is short because the icons and operations are identical in most cases. Video tutorials for Photoshop work for Affinity Photo with little to no changes. Plus Affinity has their own library of excellent video tutorials.

In my opinion Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer are much better programs than Adobe. At the current sale price it's a no-brainer purchase. Compared to Adobe subscription prices, it's really a no-brainer.

Ed Ferguson
20 Mar 2020   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Ed, I've been working with Photoshop for a long time too. Although the built-in "Mask Refine" in Affinity Photo does a very good job, I miss the ability to apply Dodge & Burn to masks like in Photoshop to sharpen or soften masks. Do you know how I can do that with Affinity?
-moritz
20 Mar 2020   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi moritz -

This is not an operation I've had to perform. You may want to try searching or asking on the Affinity Photo forum. The folks there are pretty helpful at answering or finding a workaround.
20 Mar 2020   [#5]
;)

22 Mar 2020   [#6] In reply to [#4]
Hi Ed,
thanks for your advice. I will switch to the Affinity Forum for this topic.
-moritz
22 Mar 2020   [#7] In reply to [#5]
Hi Pilou,
that's not exactly what I'm looking for, but thank you very much.
-moritz