MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Some more questions...

9 Nov 2019   [#1]
Thanks for your time and advice.

1- Sometimes randomly when I mirror an object and if I move the original object, then the mirrored object also starts moving. Is it HISTORY related? I had/have history disbaled but it still moves? (sorry not happenign rigth now so no example file to provide)

2- I have to make a tunnel type of thing with rectangular blocks. Instead of creating new block each time, is there an instancing option that I could use? Shoudl I be looking at ARRAY?

3- If I have select/highlight object A and then I control drag to create object B. I would preffer if the new object B is highilghted instead of object A still being in selection mode. I guess no simple option to alter it?

4- Is there any way to save my keyboard shortcuts? OR which file stores all the shortcuts? I had to reinstall my OS in emergency and lost all my main shortcuts so I want to be prepared for the future.
9 Nov 2019   [#2]
2 - yes : Transform Array / Line if you want a straight line of object
or Array / Curve if you want propagate object along a line...

4 - Shortchuts are saved at the end inside the Moi/ini file
if this one is in Appdata/Roaming (for Windows PC) no need to reload them ! ;)
9 Nov 2019   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Curious,

re:
> 1- Sometimes randomly when I mirror an object and if I move the original object, then the mirrored
> object also starts moving. Is it HISTORY related? I had/have history disbaled but it still moves? (sorry
> not happenign rigth now so no example file to provide)

Yes, that's the history function coming into play. To disable it, select the result object (not the original) and use Edit > History > "Disable update".

> 2- I have to make a tunnel type of thing with rectangular blocks. Instead of creating new block each time, is there
> an instancing option that I could use? Shoudl I be looking at ARRAY?

Yes, the Transform > Array tools are helpful for making a copied sequence of objects. Transform > Copy can also be useful. There isn't an instancing mechanism in MoI as of yet.

> 3- If I have select/highlight object A and then I control drag to create object B. I would preffer if the new
> object B is highilghted instead of object A still being in selection mode. I guess no simple option to alter it?

Sorry, no.

> 4- Is there any way to save my keyboard shortcuts? OR which file stores all the shortcuts? I had to
> reinstall my OS in emergency and lost all my main shortcuts so I want to be prepared for the future.

Like Pilou writes above they are saved in the moi.ini file, you can find where it is located by going to Options > General > "Edit .ini file" button. That will put up a dialog that has the location of the moi.ini file shown in it.

- Michael