MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Using 3

6 Nov 2019   [#1]
Hello,
is it normal, that I cannnot use MOI 3?
Do I have to download and install the 4 again and again?
And what are the costs for upgrade to 4?
Cheers, Mala

P.S.:
Why is there a message: "This message cannot be executed on this computer" (see attachement)
6 Nov 2019   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Second try - installation of 4 worked.
Other questions still reamain, cheers...
6 Nov 2019   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Lara, version 4 is not released yet it is still in beta release. The beta versions expire after 6 months or so, so yes during the beta period you need to download the current version when an old version expires.

The cost to upgrade from v3 to v4 will be $100 but if you ordered v3 within the last year you will be able to get a free upgrade.

I'm not familiar with the error message you show there. Do you mean that v3 was installed and working on your computer but now when you try to run it you get that message? Or are you getting that when trying to install it now?

If it is during installation it could be a partial download, try deleting it and downloading it again from http://moi3d.com/reinstall.htm .

- Michael
6 Nov 2019   [#4] In reply to [#1]
Hi Lara, also another possibility is if you have an Anti-Virus system set up that may be preventing MoI v3 from running. If that's the case you may need to go into the settings for the A-V program and tell it to allow MoI to run.

- Michael