MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Moi Deform and flow where is the first vertex?

5 Nov 2019   [#1]
Hi guys,

So what im trying to do is a book with some pages. I need that for some project.
Anyway I need pages to be at the same length. No problem here. I want to use deform as the easiest way to make it happened.
So i created a page / plane surface and a line for a reference. After that I created another line that I will use as a deformer. No problem so far.
I did apply deform and its ok.
Now I want another page. So I copied my deformer object and did some modification just moved some points. And now very interesting thing is happened. Now MOI decided / randomly? that my first vertex will be on the opposite side? Why? Seems like a bug for me as software should know that at least I want to start my deformation from VERY the same point. Or not?
Right now it seems to be random really, or its not documented and/or explained as it should be? Or I'm doing something wrong? - its annoying that's for sure :)

Thanks for any help

Image Attachments:
Annotation 2019-11-05 144944.png 

5 Nov 2019   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Flow function is very sensitive to the places where you make your click(s)!

5 Nov 2019   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Lol, yeah I know that - |I can tell :) . I figured it out - but i dont know how to force it to do what I want XD.
So its not just me as I'm assuming, but its just a bad design/unexplained ui ? :) Anyone can explain how can i do that?Its a very simple task so should be quite easy to do

Thanks for your time
5 Nov 2019   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Can you post your 3DM example ?
5 Nov 2019   [#5] In reply to [#4]
sure here it is

Attachments:
book.3dm

5 Nov 2019   [#6] In reply to [#5]
You want something like this ?
All seems works as wanted...

Page follows exactly the curve! So anywhere you want and with any followings...

5 Nov 2019   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Yes exactly, and I'm able to do that if i will open the file and do exactly like you did. BUT when lets say i will undo the action - for some reasons. I wil get this.

and after that I will get the same weird result. Its like Moi lost a first vertex and now its opposite.
Try to undo the action. and check it. also i think that copy and paste could have something with it. Instead of duplicating try to copy and paste and bug should appear

So I'm doing exactly the same thing and we have a different results.

Image Attachments:
check.gif 

5 Nov 2019   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Sorry I can make any number of undo and all works fine!

I believe that if you click on the near left extremities of the 2 curves (Base & Target) you will obtain the good result! ;)
Sensitive place's click as said previouly!
5 Nov 2019   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Thanks I think I got what you mean by "sensitive click"!!! - finally..
Is that anywhere in the documentation? It's super confusing - if you dont know that something like that is there.

Thank you for your time mate - I appreciate that!
kudos!
Vas
5 Nov 2019   [#10] In reply to [#9]
http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference8.htm#flow

And scroll 2 or 3 screens and see also about the 8 places! ;)
5 Nov 2019   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Thanks mate! cheers!