MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: MoI node editor for beginner

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-47

6 Dec 2022   [#41] In reply to [#40]
Hello !

Well first of all thank you for all the efforts that obviously went into it, as it looks like it covers pretty much everything.
Depending on how useful the Node Editor turns out to be for my own uses I might end up making a simplified, linear PDF version out of these help pages for easy reading. I'll let you know if that happens.
Regarding maintenance : well, even the most appropriate solutions for the authoring of such pages (like the very popular ReadTheDocs Python generator) can quickly become a pain as soon as the technical aspects (building the pages) gets in the way. So yeah as said I feel like the most streamlined solution is just a good old PDF with a bunch of pictures generated from a text document - just like the UE Compendiums really :)

Anyways, time to learn some node stuff now.
7 Dec 2022   [#42] In reply to [#41]
Here's a PDF combining all the help pages I've found, organized linearly. This is very raw as page breaks happen in unexpected places but it does the job of putting everything in one place as opposed to having to click many links. I quickly removed as much fluff as possible (like the repeating groups of links), hopefully without accidentally removing something important. Let me know if I forgot a page or some important ressource.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oRpUDw3nsM56R9iha9_vMDMccJCdDtLP/view?usp=sharing

And a source .ODG if anyone is brave enough to get in there and sort the layout :D
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jbgjPUY9SLsKmEP4oQsRgLboPinfmPCk/view?usp=sharing

It would be interesting to also add some of the images and node networks by @Nodeology, so if anyone as them downloaded already let me know and I'll add them. Or, feel free to add them yourself and re-host.

Best,

P.O.
7 Dec 2022   [#43] In reply to [#42]
Hi pior,

Thank you for your work.

For 3840 X 2160 display resolution, the Font is way too small for myself. Zooming in does not help much.

Is there an easier Font to read? I dislike the Font, but do not know which font would be better.

Never used .odg file format. Loaded Libre Office, which promptly crashed on the .odg file...
I've never used Libre Office before...
Is there a better XML editor?
Is there an XSLT stylesheet for the XML document?

- Brian
7 Dec 2022   [#44] In reply to [#42]
@Prior
Cool work with my base Elephant Node Editor site! ;)
7 Dec 2022   [#45] In reply to [#43]
Hi Brian.

Image Attachments:
openOffice.PNG 

7 Dec 2022   [#46]
Brian, WM : FWIW it was generated by simply performing a "print to PDF" on all the individual web pages, then stitched together using GiosPDFSM, and then basic edits were done in LibreOffice. All that to say that I didn't do anything about font size and left it all as it was, since styling is less important than content :)

As for sources of inspiration for visual styling, the UE4 Blueprint Compendiums mentionned earlier would probably be a good starting point ; as well as any PDF export from any documentation site made with ReadTheDocs. Here's an example : https://docs.readthedocs.io/_/downloads/en/latest/pdf/
(I personally strongly dislike ReadTheDocs when it comes to *writing* documention, it's just painful and annoying. But the output itself is really quite clean visually.)

As for opening the .ODG : on my end I am using LibreOffice 7.2.7.2.

FP : no problemo, I needed to do it anyways in order to be able to parse through it all without losing my sanity :D Great work again on all the examples, it looks like everything is well covered really.
7 Dec 2022   [#47] In reply to [#46]
Thank you, pior, for the explanations. (And WM as well.)
My past attempts to use MS Word for anything have been very unfruitful, and very awkward.

- Brian

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-47