MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Glitch on the sSplit ?

12 Oct 2019   [#1]
In Beta V4 Not use it for a while but ...
it's insert on a face or Split on an Edge : works fine on an Edge but not on a face!

here on the V3

Here the error message on the last Beta V4 on a face! (same on previous beta V 4) :(

12 Oct 2019   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Pilou, it's working ok for me on faces in the V4 beta. Do you maybe have an old version of it? It looks like the current version is sSplit.v.0.95.2015.08.10.zip which you can get at http://moi.maxsm.net/files/ .

- Michael
12 Oct 2019   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Yep that was surrely that because that works like a charm now! :)
(after downloaded the last version)

12 Oct 2019   [#4]
Always funny :)

Why it's obligatory to save the object then reload it for SubD create from a file ?
No possibility to make that directly ? (in any case not a big deal :)

12 Oct 2019   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi Pilou,

re:
> Why it's obligatory to save the object then reload it for SubD create from a file ?

Mostly because generally the result of converting a NURBS object into a mesh is not suitable for a good quality subdivision smoothing.

But in the future I do want to expand the options for creating SubD objects, that's why the SubD button pops up a menu even though there is only one thing on it currently. When I have time to work on it I would like to add more entries there.

If you examine your model you show in more detail you will likely see a lot of bad shaping, things like some areas pinched or stretched awkwardly. It's not really a priority to make it super easy to make something that's likely to be badly formed...

- Michael
12 Oct 2019   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Start unsubdivided object however was of pure formal beauty! :)