MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Help, How can I desing this ring

7 Oct 2019   [#1]
Want to find a metod for desing this type of name ring.

Already try, but need some help.

Image Attachments:
IMG_0282.jpg  IMG_0284.jpg  IMG_0958.PNG  IMG_0960.PNG  k.PNG 

7 Oct 2019   [#2]
For in put something insert another one try the function Flow!
7 Oct 2019   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi piazzafatb, could you please post a .3dm model file with the name curves in it?

One thing that might be a help would be to put some kind of thin border around the text and then focus on surfacing that border down rather than directly using the text itself in the body part. That might help simplify the construction a little bit.

But if you could post a model file with the curves you want to use for the name that would make it possible to do some experiments.

- Michael
8 Oct 2019   [#4]
Hi There

you can try it this way , the OV are just extruded and the LE are swept with the half round profiles.

but the results are a bit random where the end letters sweep to the outside profile

if you used 2 sweep lines you may be able to control them

cheers
shayne

Attachments:
LOVE.3dm

Image Attachments:
ScreenShot1076.jpg  ScreenShot1077.jpg 

8 Oct 2019   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Shayne - I like your approach. It looks like you forgot to Boolean Diff the ring with the inside diameter circle, which will make the ring wearable by removing material under the L & E. I did that and was able to Boolean Union the entire ring. Looks nice.

Ed Ferguson
10 Oct 2019   [#6] In reply to [#5]
2 sweep rails tidys it up without having to boolean out the inside

rebuild on the D section to match the number of points on the top letters also gives a better sweep

cheers
shayne

Image Attachments:
2019.10.11-09.50.26-[Front].jpg  2019.10.11-09.52.15-[3D].jpg