MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Bool intersecting pipes

Show messages: All  1-17  18-19

22 Sep 2019   [#18] In reply to [#16]
Hi tech,

re:
> 1) How is it possible to revolve such a 90° arc-pipe ?!?

In the Construct > Revolve command, enter in 90 for the "Angle" option before you pick the revolve axis points:

> 2) I do not understand the hint with ShrinkTrimmedSrf, how does this help me exactly? (Sorry I don't use MoI very often)

Well the way trimmed NURBS surfaces work is there is an "underlying" surface and trim curves are on it that mark cut away areas of it. When you do a boolean or trim operation, the original surface is still there underneath and just new trim curves are generated. When objects are intersected it's these underlying surfaces that are intersected with each other and so if you try to cut away some troublesome part of a surface it's actually still there underneath things. The ShrinkTrimmedSrf command will shrink down excess areas of the underlying surfaces so it's just large enough to hold the trim curves.

> 3) Where can I find a variable fillet?

Like Pilou writes above, it's in the regular Fillet command, you add in a new point set to define a different radius value from the main one at particular points. There's a demo video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CemIL-wleOw

- Michael

Image Attachments:
tech_revolve1.jpg  tech_revolve2.jpg 

23 Sep 2019   [#19]
Thank you all very much!

Show messages: All  1-17  18-19