MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: scripts not working

Show messages: All  1-3  4-7

20 Sep 2019   [#4]
Thanks guys for your help and such a quick reply,

I checked all the shortcut commands and indeed they were either missing a _ or had minor typos. Most of the scripts are working now.

As for the script with a button, I believe it's called _Subdiv_beta9.js and it looks like this (screenshot from a youtube tutorial attached)

Thanks again!

Image Attachments:
Moi3dbutton.JPG 

20 Sep 2019   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi Bruno, that button is a built in part of MoI v4, you can get it in the v4 beta release at http://moi3d.com/beta.htm . It's for loading sub-d objects from .obj files and converting them to NURBS surfaces in MoI.

- Michael
25 Oct 2019   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi Michael,
For this forum thread I have some question:
Whats the difference between Moi V4 with sub-d obj importing and converting them to Nurbs and ImportObj script?

Down below attached picture of the obj file imported with ImportObj script.
As I do understand with sub-d import and converting to Nurbs would not be so many polygonal planes on the cup im I right ? And loading obj. file time will be much more shorter?

A few days before i bought Moi v3 and want to stick to that, but if many new cool features a better in V4 i will upgrade if needed.
Thank you for an answers.

K.

Image Attachments:
cup_importobj.jpg 

25 Oct 2019   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi Konni, the new v4 sub-d importer importer can make larger surfaces and also has a higher level of smoothness between surfaces.

It is meant though for importing not just any kind of .obj file, it's only meant for loading a file that has been set up for subdivision smoothing.

If you purchased MoI v3 within the last year then you will be getting a free upgrade to v4 when it is out, so I'd recommend using v4 now. You can get the v4 beta at http://moi3d.com/beta.htm .

- Michael

Show messages: All  1-3  4-7