MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Reverse vieport views

20 Aug 2019   [#1]
Hi All, I believe its possible to setup a shortcut to reveres the viewport views from 'front to back', 'top to bottom', 'left to right' to make it easier see the other side of a model. How is this done and what do I need to do to set that up, or is it via a plugin script?
Regards Ron
20 Aug 2019   [#2] In reply to [#1]
hi,
you could try those..

http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#ReverseViewport
20 Aug 2019   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Marco, that was a fast reply:)
Ron
20 Aug 2019   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Ron, also just in case you didn't know you can get a reversed view without using a script - if you click a second time on a viewport tab in the bottom command bar it will toggle back and forth between the regular view and the reversed one.

- Michael
20 Aug 2019   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi Michael. I don't think any of these extra features are mentioned in the manual. It's a little like a software easter egg you discover over time:)
Ron
20 Aug 2019   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi Ron, actually it's mentioned on the very first page of the manual! :)

http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_introduction.htm

quote:

2. Viewport configuration tabs. This controls whether the viewport area shows the split view or only a large single view. You can switch some views to the reverse direction by clicking on their tab a second time. For example, a second click on the Top tab will flip it to a Bottom view.

However, subtle things like this that don't have an immediate visual cue are pretty difficult to absorb on an initial pass through the manual. It's something that will "stick" more after you've done more things and actually wanted to use a reversed view for something.

You will probably find a lot of little easter-egg like things if you run through the manual again after you've spent more time in MoI.

Or you ask a question here and learn about it that way, that's totally fine. I mean don't get me wrong it's good for people to look stuff up in the manual too but for some kinds of things it's going to be harder to immediately know where you would look.

That's kind of a design goal for MoI's UI in general, that as you gain more experience you can get more things out of the same UI without it being all blasted in your face all at once when you first start out.

- Michael
21 Aug 2019   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Ooops, Michael I,ve read through this a dozen times and never seen that. Like you say, there is a lot to take in!
Ron
22 Aug 2019   [#8]
I also found some small but smart features in MoI throughout the time. I should definitely go through the manual again :)
22 Aug 2019   [#9]
This script reverses which ever view the mouse is over except 3d

script:moi.ui.mainWindow.viewpanel.reverseView( moi.ui.getActiveViewport().name );

another good script to use with the mouse view becomes the full screen

script:if ( moi.ui.mainWindow.viewpanel.mode != 'split' ) { moi.ui.mainWindow.viewpanel.mode = 'split' } else { var viewport = moi.ui.getViewportUnderMouse(); if ( viewport ) { viewport.viewPanel.mode = viewport.name } }
25 Aug 2019   [#10]
Michael, I think it would be great shortcut if (when having split view) right-click on viewport (top/bottom, right/left, back/front) would cause just flip that viewport view.

I use split view basically all the time and often switch between views as mentioned.
Now I have to click 3 times to switch top to bottom or others.

I know that it saves just 2 clicks and like 0.5 second (each time), but screen flashing is also quite unpleasant when clicking.

Or if you can let me know of other shortcut to achieve this it would be great.

EDIT:
I just found script for that. But built in function would be great and I think it wouldn't take much time to integrate as native.

Regards,
Juraj
25 Aug 2019   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Hi Mr. Yuri,

re:
> Michael, I think it would be great shortcut if (when having split view) right-click on viewport
> (top/bottom, right/left, back/front) would cause just flip that viewport view.

Right click in a viewport is already used for a different function than that - when you are not in a command a right click in a viewport will repeat the last command and if you are in a command it is a shortcut for the "Done" button.

EDIT: Oops sorry I thought you meant a right click inside the viewport itself but I think I figured out you mean a right click on the view tab control. That should be fine for the default behavior.

- Michael
25 Aug 2019   [#12] In reply to [#10]
Hi Mr. Yuri, please try replacing your MoI v4's ui\ViewTabs.htm file with the attached version. With this version if you right click on the Top/Front/Right tabs it will reverse the view but not activate the tab.

I guess this would be ok for default behavior.

EDIT: updated behavior slightly - when on "Split" view mode the right click on Top/Front/Right will reverse the view and stay in Split mode. When in other than Split mode it reverses and also activates the clicked on tab.

- Michael

Attachments:
ViewTabs.htm

26 Aug 2019   [#13]
Michael,
simply WOW!

I am very very happy with your support.
Works like a charm.

Sorry for not making my request clear enough straight away.

Juraj