MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Boolean stencil?

Show messages: All  1-16  17-20

23 Jul 2019   [#17] In reply to [#15]
Hi Przemas,

re:
> Is there a guide for scripting / macroing MoI?

Not really, it unfortunately takes quite a bit of work to do a good job documenting and just generally supporting such things. That's why it hasn't been a big focus area so far.

There is some information here though:
http://moi3d.com/wiki/Scripting

> Also when it comes to guides - is there a one that would show how do you add custom buttons?

Not really, but if you're familiar at all with HTML it's pretty straightforward. You can see how the current UI is set up by opening up files like CommandBar.htm and SidePane.htm inside MoI's ui subfolder. You'll then see how buttons are set up as <moi:CommandButton> tags and you can add new ones in.

Is everything working ok under Wine now for you with __GL_MaxFramesAllowed=1 or are there still any problems when changing window size?

- Michael
23 Jul 2019   [#18]
@Pilou: trimstencil is 5, so less -> that's a win :P . It get's even better in more complex situations (more objects for example). And note I'm not trying to force anyone to use a given method - quite the contrary, I fully understand often there are multiple ways to reach the solution. I simply tend to look for one that requires least amount of steps :) .

@Michael: thank you for the links. For sure will start tinkering in the weekend :) . Html should make it easy to do customization - glad to hear it works this way.

As for __GL_MaxFramesAllowed=1 - so far I haven't encountered any issues with the trial version. Tried in KDE and Gnome. No issues at all (fingers crossed) - really feels like a native app.
Atm I have some hope to try packaging the prepped version into Appimage. Should work a treat.
With MoI V4 and DXVK it should be even better :) (once it is released).
23 Jul 2019   [#19] In reply to [#18]
So you win... and we have won also a new command! ;) Thx to Michael for that!

And put it on my French site! ;) http://moiscript.weebly.com/trimstencil.html
(curiously i don't need to make a French translation...

29 Jul 2019   [#20]
Wow, thats a great new tool - thank you also from my side, Michael !

Show messages: All  1-16  17-20