MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Marco's UI works with the Beta V4?

Show messages:  1-20  21-30

22 Jun 2019   [#1]
The original of Marco's UI
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7862.1

Doe's it working with the Beta V4 like the V3?

If yes what is the same process ?
If not does exist an alternative? Or better waiting the new V4 ?

22 Jun 2019   [#2] In reply to [#1]
I'm using V4 Beta.
I tried it before. It doesn't work for me either. The thumbnails appear far appart from each other.
22 Jun 2019   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Pilou & Stargazer,

> The original of Marco's UI
> http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7862.1
>
> Doe's it working with the Beta V4 like the V3?

The original one does not work with V4 because it has some errors (mismatched start/end tags) in the HTML structure which v4 does not tolerate as much as MoI v3 did.

Also it needs a couple of other minor adjustments since MoI v4 uses the standard flexbox rather than the old deprecated Webkit specific one.

I've attached an updated version here, if you use the attached ScriptsGallery.htm in place of the original does it then work ok for you?

- Michael

Attachments:
ScriptsGallery.htm

22 Jun 2019   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Works fine except I have no text! :)

Functions Fat Lines and _cMorph work perfectly when i Click on the Icons but no text on the Screen icons!

22 Jun 2019   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi Pilou, did you follow the other instructions in the original post?

The text should come from Step #2. For your case you'd want to copy the text into your FrenchStrings.txt file.

- Michael
22 Jun 2019   [#6] In reply to [#5]
I have forgotten this step!
All now is working!

(I must of course retake the French text from the V3 if i want all in French! ;)
23 Jun 2019   [#7] In reply to [#3]
Last April, I had installed Marco's UI in MoIBetaV4, with the S_Gallery icon at 80 px, instead of 96 px.

Michaels update to ScriptsGallery.htm now permits Marco's UI to work!

I think that step 5 should be to the AppData command folder(?)
I think that I am missing some Commands and Scripts, accessible from Marco's UI, so may need to copy them to AppData.

For MoI4 in general, Apparently the standard MoI commands need to be located in the MoI install folder?
There is also a copy in Appdata, which I think can be deleted.
Non-standard commands, with _ prefix, are located in Appdata.

For BlendCap of an extruded cylinder, the end circle needs to be deleted, NOT merely hidden, to get the "domeCap" with BlendCap, in both MoI3 and MoI4beta.

In general, I am liking the Marco's UI. Maybe for MoI5 an elaborated version?

- Brian

Edit, copying Marcos "Scripts" directory to MoI Install directory did not enable, for example, Morph between Curves.
Nor did it help to copy Scripts directory to AppData.
No more experimentation tonight :-)
23 Jun 2019   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Hi Brian,

re:
> I think that step 5 should be to the AppData command folder(?)

Yes, it's generally preferable to put additional commands into the AppData command folder so they don't have to be copied again with new installs which will be needed if you put them into the install folder instead. Probably Marco's UI was created before MoI v4 supported having commands in AppData.

> For MoI4 in general, Apparently the standard MoI commands need to be located in the MoI install folder?

Well they don't have to be, but it is recommended to leave the standard commands in the install folder.

> There is also a copy in Appdata, which I think can be deleted.

By default MoI places nothing in the AppData commands folder, anything that is in there would be copied in there by you at some point previously.

- Michael
23 Jun 2019   [#9] In reply to [#7]
Hi Brian,

re:
> Edit, copying Marcos "Scripts" directory to MoI Install directory did not enable, for example, Morph between Curves.
> Nor did it help to copy Scripts directory to AppData.

The version of MorphBetweenCurves.js in that .zip file has a typo bug in it, on line 18:

code:
	var curves = curvesF.calculate(),

Change the comma at the end of that line to a semicolon like this:

code:
	var curves = curvesF.calculate();

Then it should work with MoI v4. It's probably fixed in the latest version on Max's file archive at http://moi.maxsm.net/media/files/ , get cMorph.v.1.1.2014.01.19.zip from there.

- Michael
23 Jun 2019   [#10] In reply to [#9]
Yes as the Morphbetween curves falls i had used the _Cmorph :)
23 Jun 2019   [#11] In reply to [#1]
Hello everyone and Pilou :)

Thank you very much for talking about my old script for V3.

As I've said unfortunately I don't have enough free time to devote to fix all my V3 scripts for updating to V4.

But If you, Pilou, or anyone else, want to update my scripts to work with V4 I will really really appreciate the effort :)

Pilou, if you will do an update version of my scripts for V4 please, pot here the complete package (zipped) so anyone can use it with V4.

Thank you very much.

Clearly many thanks also to Michael for telling us how to correct my actual code to run with V4.
23 Jun 2019   [#12] In reply to [#8]
Michael, thank you for your clarifications. (And fixes)
- Brian
23 Jun 2019   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Idea: Array curves from cMorph, flat along another curve path/rail, kind of like ArrayGem.

Replaced Morph with cMorph and made various edits to text and names, and added _ prefix to command callers...
There are probably still outdated and/or missing commands and scripts...

- Brian
24 Jun 2019   [#14]
@ Marco: I must test first all my functions & Scripts ! :) - if existing (that is the case for some few of them: icons are present but not the scripts) or bugs!
First in French (my start adaptation), then English!

Like MakeHexRod by Martin 3D / Max (bug) https://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7071.17
here Max version who must be the last revision!

EDIT: found the bug! :)

24 Jun 2019   [#15]
I research

- PointToMultiBoundsCenter
- PutUnderGround

EDit : FOUND! : )

and a bug on this one...

EDIT !
Found also the bug! :)

24 Jun 2019   [#16]
So The French Version
http://moiscript.weebly.com/uploads/3/9/3/8/3938813/marco_v4._vf.zip

Make a save of the Files that you want keep in case of...

Now I must make the English version! :)
24 Jun 2019   [#17] In reply to [#16]
Excellent work Pilou!

The Scripts folder can go in the AppData folder (Windows 10, or Mac equivalent). (MoI4 beta)
There can be another Commands subdirectory in the AppData folder, to contain addon MoI commands, such as with, (or without), the underline (_) prefix.
If underline convention is used, such commands would have to have their "calls" altered, in the ScriptsGallery.htm, to contain the (_),
for example: " command="_ArchimedeanSpirals"> (I also altered the call from Morph to cMorph.) (I altered a few dozen.)

PNG text is contained in, for example "EnglishStrings.txt" file. (I altered text label: Morph... to cMorph.)

- Brian
24 Jun 2019   [#18]
Here the English version for the V 4 Beta of the Special UI by Marco! (Cmorph works fine also for me :)
http://moiscript.weebly.com/uploads/3/9/3/8/3938813/marco_v4_eng.zip

If you don't want replace your Folder commands just copy past new files from this one!

Same for EnglishStrings.txt just copy lines 1472 to the end of it!

goto the original (made for the V 3) if you want some more detailed infos! http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7862.1

Maybe Cmorph & MultiIso have no titles image for any reason but are working! :)
If you "degrade "_cmorph" in "cmorph" you must change it ALSO inside commands FOLDER !

All that is a little headache between French and English versions! :)
25 Jun 2019   [#19] In reply to [#18]
T-H-A-N-K
Y-O-U
V-E-R-Y-
M-U-C-H

PILOU!!!

I hope to find some spare time soon to try the new revamped scripts with my Moi V4.

A long time ago I've also written another BIG and (imho) very very powerful and useful plug-in for the Mo's UI.
Something that I called "Command Finder".
A tool that can speed up the standard workflow many times.

But it's rather complex the code that I've written, not elegant at all, no...but complex :)

But I don't know where the hell I've stored my original source code.

I I find it and you want to devote some of your precious time to it to make it work with V4, it WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

Thanks again for letting my old script working with V4.
25 Jun 2019   [#20] In reply to [#19]
It's more Michael who makes things possible because I don't want put the nose in the code! :)

Show messages:  1-20  21-30