MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Androïd tablett ?

19 May 2019   [#1]
Does it possible to run Moi on a PC managed by an external Androïd tablett ?
(connected by a cord string or not)
like this one https://www.duetdisplay.com (for Ipad)
19 May 2019   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Pilou, I believe that is possible but I have not tested it myself.

For Windows that mechanism of viewing a machine's desktop on some other device is called Remote Desktop, and it looks like there is a remote desktop client for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.rdc.android

I'm not sure how well it will work, there may be issues such as poor performance. MoI is not designed with this type of use in mind.

- Michael
19 May 2019   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Thanks I will try that! In wishing that the "Androïd" must be not a beast! :)

Some others https://www.androidauthority.com/best-remote-desktop-apps-android-933450/ (free or not)
19 May 2019   [#4]
Ok I took Google Remote Desktop (wifi or linked by string cord)

All works fine :)

Only thing: you must move your "finger" "cross cursor" over each Moi Icon and make a Click or Double click following functions! :)

That is pretty magical but of course a little slow for the movement of the "cross finger cursor" but not slow of running prog MOI itself! :)

I am totally astonished about of that!

Funny to use the 2 fingers zoom screen inside Moi itself!
20 May 2019   [#5]
Not yet tested but seems with this connector run Moi or any progs on the tablett like posts above will be the same than your computer! :)

Just connect an USB mouse! Your finger is transformed in mouse 3 buttons! :)

Of course its exist ready made one! :)

21 May 2019   [#6]
OK Tested! :)
Touch mode must be disable else cursor tablett will made double use with the Mouse cursor
and when you click mouse it's the cursor place tablett who make the active function!

Works fine with MOI ...except (before find some tricks)
- you can't use the Right Click !
- you can't use the Mouse wheel !
these functions are used by the tablett and seems not disabled
So use of some icons are needing!

Except that all works at the same speed than normal!

The click mouse must be more long than normal for show a grey circle who integrates the click!

So using Moi on tablett is possible with some pleasure!
21 May 2019   [#7]
@ Michael

Do you think that problem is from Samsung Tablett, Remote, Mouse, Moi3D ?

I don't see big difference between a zoom managed by the tablett and a zoom with the Wheel's mouse who is not managed!
At the 21 Century that is a pity! :)

21 May 2019   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Hi Pilou,

> Do you think that problem is from Samsung Tablett, Remote, Mouse, Moi3D ?

Which problem are you asking about?

> I don't see big difference between a zoom managed by the tablett and a zoom with the
> Wheel's mouse who is not managed!
> At the 21 Century that is a pity! :)

Sorry I'm not understanding this part either, what were you expecting to be different?

- Michael
21 May 2019   [#9] In reply to [#8]
1 - Problem of the no possibility to use the Wheel mouse and the right click! ;)

2 - As the tablett can make the zoom with the Left click on the icon - it's not a problem of zoom but just a problem of mouse! ;)
21 May 2019   [#10] In reply to [#9]
Hi Pilou,

re:
> 1 - Problem of the no possibility to use the Wheel mouse and the right click! ;)

When you're on the tablet you don't have a wheel mouse or right click, so yes you can't use something that isn't there.

Or do you mean you have a mouse plugged into your tablet?

> 2 - As the tablett can make the zoom with the Left click on the icon - it's not a
> problem of zoom but just a problem of mouse! ;)

But I thought you showed some wheel mouse zooming right there in that video, or did I misunderstand?

- Michael
22 May 2019   [#11] In reply to [#10]
1 Yes i have a mouse pluged to the tablett by USB special link (OTG)
2 It was a video (made without tablett) that show the 2 Zooms possible. (icon & MouseWheel)

I am able to make the first Zoom with tablett (with Left Click on icon) so the remote can take in case the Zoom with Icon (and can do it without slowing speed) :)

But not the Zoom with Wheel because since now the Wheel & Right Click keep the Tablett's functions... :(
...and not the Moi functions mirrored by the Google Chrome Remote Desktop to the Tablett :(

Maybe my last chance is to connect a Bluethooth Samsung mouse but I doubt...

i don't know where is the blockage... the Remote, the mouse, the Samsung driver, ...i don't believe that is the Moi ;)

PS I am surprised that anybody has made my try because seems it's a very convenient pleasant way to use Moi !
I contact the technical Samsung service : they dismiss me to Google Remote and you! :)
Seems to me that must be not a big deal and that i had the wrong person! :)
22 May 2019   [#12] In reply to [#11]
Hi Pilou, yes unfortunately I don't know that there's anything I can do about that in MoI itself if either the tablet or the remote client software is not sending mouse wheel events.

You might try using some other remote display software, like VNC, maybe something else will do a better job sending mouse events over.

- Michael
22 May 2019   [#13] In reply to [#12]
BINGO!!!

With VNC all works like a charm! Right Click + MouseWheel are efficient inside MOI!!!

MANY THANKS FOR THE TRICKS! :)

PS and I can have in the same time the Touch Screen if needing! (not obliged)
25 May 2019   [#14]
I have tried also the classic Teamviewer but no same success!
So for the moment VRN winner for me! :)