MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: 3D Connexion Space Mouse Pro - optimum config

13 Apr 2019   [#1]
Am I the only one finding hard to get the Space Mouse Pro configured to work in the same way it does with the other applications I use - MODO, Fusion 360 and Rhino. With all of those applications, it just works without the need for configuration. However, with MoI the best I can do is always on the verge of being unstable so I end up disabling the mouse for this app.

I know there are lots of people out there who use the Space Mouse successfully so maybe you could post your settings for me to try?

Thanks

PS: Latest drivers etc installed ;-)
OS is Win 10 pro with all the latest updates
MoI V3 and v4 latest BETA
13 Apr 2019   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Mark, can you describe in a little bit more detail what doesn't feel right about it?

- Michael
14 Apr 2019   [#3]

Image Attachments:
MoI_3DC.jpg  SM.jpg 

16 Apr 2019   [#4] In reply to [#1]
No, you're not the only one. I have a SpaceMouse Enterprise and don't use it all in MoI due to the very strange movements. The 3d mouse works wonderfully in for example Rhino, Fusion360, even Blender (well, more or less), but it's just useless in MoI which is a shame. Hopefully, the strange movements get fixed anytime soon.
17 Apr 2019   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi 3image, can you describe in more detail what is strange? I'll need more information in order to try and do anything about it.

- Michael
22 Apr 2019   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hello Michael, well, the difference in movements is just to complicated to explain (at least for me). I can only suggest that you try it yourself. Get a SpaceMouse (maybe a cheap used one, they are very robust) and Fusion360 or Meshmixer and try navigating against MoI. Total difference! Actually, I think the implementation of 3D mouse controls is very well done in Autodesk products, that's the reason I recommended these products.
22 Apr 2019   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi 3image, well one big difference is that by default MoI keeps your "up" direction towards the world z axis so that you don't get turned upside down.

You can change this in MoI under Options > View > Rotate/Pan/Zoom options > "Rotation style". Set it to Rotation style: "Free rotation" and see if that behaves better for you.

- Michael