MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Behavior of Isolate script

14 Mar 2019   [#1]
I use this script a lot when modelling : script:moi.geometryDatabase.invertSelection(); moi.geometryDatabase.hide(); moi.geometryDatabase.selectAll();

When I try to use it on a curve or solid showing points, the solid itself is hidden. I can suspect why this happens, the showing points are unselected so the scripts hides them hiding the selected object as well (or?). Is there an easy way to isolate objects that have visible points?

I use the latest beta!

EDIT: apparently even when I have the points selected, everything is hidden upon running the script. :(
14 Mar 2019   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi nameless, this one will work on an object with selected points:

script: moi.geometryDatabase.isolate();

That uses the built-in Isolate mechanism which is also available by right-clicking on the Edit > Hide button. It also remembers the visible/hidden state of objects at the time of the isolate and when you trigger it a second time it will restore those states.

- Michael
14 Mar 2019   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Wow... Thank you Michael!

Do I lose something vs the other script? I mean, I just replace my usual isolate shortcut with this, right?

<3
14 Mar 2019   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi nameless, yes you would just replace it with this one. It behaves a little different from your other script though because of the "memory" function where it operates in pairs, one time doing the isolate and taking the snapshot of current state and then when you run it again if there is a previous snapshot it restores that and clears the snapshot.

- Michael
14 Mar 2019   [#5] In reply to [#4]
I really like how it behaves! Thank you Michael, I really really appreciate it.
14 Mar 2019   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi nameless, no problem I'm glad you like it! When you're using it every once in a while you may forget that you have a memory snapshot saved and instead intended to isolate some other new object. When that happens you just need to trigger it a second time.

- Michael