MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Match Properties

14 Mar 2019   [#1]
Hi, I don't know if this has been asked before but it would be nice to have a command were clicking on a source object and then applying it's style to other ones selected after.
It would make a nice viewport oriented productivity detail.

Marc
14 Mar 2019   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Maybe a Node can do that?
14 Mar 2019   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Marc,

re:
> Hi, I don't know if this has been asked before but it would be nice to have a command were clicking on
> a source object and then applying it's style to other ones selected after.

Please try the attached command. To use it select the objects you want to modify, then run the command and then pick the target object to match up to.

It will match the name and style properties but you can uncheck the options for those before you pick the target object.

One other note - right now it won't work with undo properly but in the next v4 beta you will be able to uncomment line number 29 and then it should work with undo then.

Hope it is useful!

- Michael

Attachments:
MatchProperties.zip

15 Mar 2019   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Michael,

Awesome thanks!

I've noticed the order of selection is inverted compared to the usual "copy formatting" paintbrush but I have no problem with that !

Marc
15 Mar 2019   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi Marc, you're welcome!

> I've noticed the order of selection is inverted compared to the usual "copy formatting"
> paintbrush but I have no problem with that !

That's so it will be consistent with the "noun, verb" sequenced used by other MoI commands. When something modifies objects, the normal sequence in MoI is to select the object that will be modified first, then do additional input after that.

- Michael