MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: OBJ Library - Box dialog for scale !!!

8 Mar 2019   [#1]
OBJ library
please create a dialog box, to enter the percentage of the scale that we want. Would be wonderful.
8 Mar 2019   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Alex, just a note - a quick way to scale an object is to use the "Edit size" menu, you can click on this line in the object properties panel to access it:

- Michael

Image Attachments:
alex_edit_size1.jpg  alex_edit_size2.jpg 

11 Mar 2019   [#3] In reply to [#2]
I would like to have a scale adjustment, in the moment I insert a new object in the scene, because if I adjust the scale after inserting, it loses the center of the creation gizmo. In the current tool, we have the rotation adjustment, just add a scale tool.
I want to create objects for cuts, without a scaling tool, when I insert the cut object, I lose the correct centering of the cut on the z axis if staggering after.

Image Attachments:
OBJLIBRARY.JPG 

11 Mar 2019   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi alex,

> I would like to have a scale adjustment, in the moment I insert a new object in the scene

That is something I want to add in the future but it won't be ready in the V4 release timeframe.

- Michael
11 Mar 2019   [#5]
I was missing that option as well, not only using obj.library but after ctrl+shift pasting solids on surfaces. Scaling around bounding box center would mess up the surface alignment.

Great to know Michael has his eyes on it :)
2 Mar 2022   [#6]
The ability to scale the object without losing surface alignment I'm missing the most in the whole MOI. I am a concept / industrial designer and MOI is seriously lacking in that. I cannot express how much time I am losing to readjust it and sometimes it is really hard if the surface has an odd angle. Michael, please help us out. It has been years. Thank you!
2 Mar 2022   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi agonyii,

re:
> The ability to scale the object without losing surface alignment I'm missing the most in the whole MOI.

Try the ImportPartWithScale and PastePartWithScale plug-ins from here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10011.90

- Michael
2 Mar 2022   [#8] In reply to [#7]
I asked for this some time ago and now it's a reality. Thanks so much, thanks so much Michael! It's not a typo that saves me so much time! Much appreciated!