MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Dark Gray Theme

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-62

25 Aug 2019   [#41] In reply to [#40]
Hi Neil, yup I definitely want to have a dark and light theme built in to MoI in the future, it's just something that I haven't been able to put any time on as of yet.

- Michael
13 Oct 2019   [#42]
Hi Cody,

any chance that you update your great dark UI to the latest beta version?

Cheers,

Axel
12 Sep 2020   [#43]
Hi all!

I love this UI, but I'm having a bit of a problem. Everything works great when I install this theme, as you can see.

But when I install the Custom UI Bar, things change.

It looks like the viewing panes are resized, which compacts the browser, making the text unreadable. Or maybe it's the other way around and the browser shrinks, making the panes larger. (???) There is no way to manually grab the browser edge and resize it.

I think this UI is fantastic and would like to keep using it. I would like to keep the double row of buttons so I don't have to scroll left and right. But it's vital to be able to read the information in the browser.

Is there a way to fix this? I know very little about code, but I can poke around and change a line of text if someone guides me. I just have no idea where to begin.

-Patrick

Image Attachments:
Capture1.png  Capture2.png 

12 Sep 2020   [#44] In reply to [#43]
Hi Patrick, yes the problem is the UI is a snapshot of some older files, and it's missing an attribute for setting the browser pane to be resizable.

The file that you need to edit is MainWindowLayout.xml which is in the ui subfolder.

Line #6, the one that defines the browser pane needs to be like this:
code:
	<UIPanel dock="right" resizable="true" defaultWidth="15em" src="moi://ui/BrowserPane.htm"/>

You'll be missing this part: resizable="true" defaultWidth="15em"

once you add those in then your browser pane should resize again.

- Michael
12 Sep 2020   [#45] In reply to [#44]
Awesome! Thank you, Michael!
12 Sep 2020   [#46] In reply to [#45]
Hi,

is that for the latest MOI version as well and originally the one from Cody?

Cheers,
Axel
27 Sep 2020   [#47] In reply to [#46]
Yep that works fine for the V 4 beta ;)

Sorry for the late test : i have put the minimum! Because I had a previous little Tools Bar sufficient for me... ;)
In French of course for me! ;) https://moiscript.weebly.com/trucs-astuces.html

and so...

27 Feb 2021   [#48]
Hi All,

Is there a version of Cody's dark UI that works with the final release of v4?

If not, what are the main differences if I wanted to burn the time to rebuild and make it work?

Thanks for the help!

+1 for a pinned thread on theming that gets updated
+1 for an 'official' dark theme for Moi
27 Feb 2021   [#49] In reply to [#48]
Hi Lavellotron,

re:
> If not, what are the main differences if I wanted to burn the time to rebuild and make it work?

You'd do a diff between the default v3 moi.css and the modified version, and then apply the same changes onto the moi v4 moi.css file.

You can't just copy the entire v3 UI onto v4 because then you'll be missing the changes in moi v4.

- Michael
2 Mar 2021   [#50] In reply to [#49]
Good tip, Michael. Thank you.
2 Mar 2021   [#51] In reply to [#50]
I'm on macOS. Oddly, when I replace or update icons and the moi.css, nothing appears to change.

I'm modifying the files located here:

/Applications/MoI\ v4.app/Contents/Resources/ui

Is this the correct location?
2 Mar 2021   [#52] In reply to [#51]
Hi Lavellotron,

> I'm modifying the files located here:
>
> /Applications/MoI\ v4.app/Contents/Resources/ui
>
> Is this the correct location?

Yes, that is the correct location, the main file to edit is moi.css located there, there are a couple of dark versions of moi.css here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10199.3

The PNG image files for most of the buttons are in an "icons" subdirectory underneath ui.

Did you have MoI open while you were making changes? They won't show up until you close MoI and relaunch it.

- Michael
2 Mar 2021   [#53] In reply to [#52]
Thanks, Michael.

No, what happened was the magic of dock shortcuts linking to the app in Downloads and not the one I dragged into Application. Doh!

Thanks, happy camper now.
4 Mar 2021   [#54] In reply to [#53]
Hello,

I am new here!! Hello everyone!
Is this Dark Gray Theme here available for the final version?
Thanks!

E.
4 Mar 2021   [#55] In reply to [#54]
Hi eduarcor, I don't know about this one but there are a couple other dark UI moi.css files set up for use with v4 here:

- Michael
5 Mar 2021   [#56] In reply to [#55]
Awesome, thanks Michael!
5 Mar 2021   [#57] In reply to [#56]
Hi guys where can I recover the gray theme ... I'm interested in installing it too.

can you explain to me how to do it?
5 Mar 2021   [#58] In reply to [#57]
Hi Tony,

re:
> Hi guys where can I recover the gray theme ... I'm interested in installing it too.

There are some moi.css files linked to here:

To install it you would put one of those in place of the standard moi.css file that is in the UI subdirectory of a MoI installation.

- Michael
21 Apr 2021   [#59] In reply to [#58]
Hello Michael,

can you advise please how to change the color and style of the main frame that divides the right / left / top / 3D views from each other.

I used Cody's dark theme which was really nice but since the css is not customized for v4 I would use the css files you modified for v4 of the dark themes from other users, but there the frames are default light grey.

Thanks,
Axel

Image Attachments:
moi.JPG 

21 Apr 2021   [#60] In reply to [#59]
HI Axel, that's one of the few remaining areas that is still drawn by a bitmap image instead of drawn procedurally by code. So to modify those colors you need to edit the file ViewportForeground.png in the UI folder using an image editor.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-62