MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Dark Gray Theme

Show messages:  1-19  20-39  40-59  60-62

5 Mar 2019   [#20]
Very nice UI .... can you maybe add a kind of tooltips - like here tooltip.js
https://popper.js.org/tooltip-examples.html

would be nice, if on mousehoover you will see the shortcuts as a small tooltip/popup (like in Photoshop e.g.) - Or is this better a task for michael gibson? ;)

As default UI I would like see it also very much.
5 Mar 2019   [#21] In reply to [#20]
Hey, Lordfox.

I don't believe shortcuts are setup for all the buttons by default, as far as I can tell. And when you make a shortcut, it's not attached to any specific button. I don't think tooltips showing shortcuts is feasible at this time. Someone can correct me, if I'm wrong.

Glad you like this theme!

-- Cody
5 Mar 2019   [#22] In reply to [#20]
Hi Lordfox, re: tooltips - MoI's standard UI is intentionally designed not to have tooltips since it already has text labels underneath each button.

But it is possible to add a tooltip to any MoI control by putting in a title="" attribute, like:
code:
    <moi:CommandButton title="This is a tooltip"></moi:CommandButton>

- Michael
31 May 2019   [#23]
This Theme is absolutely stunning! thank you very much for putting this together.
5 Jun 2019   [#24] In reply to [#23]
Thanks, man!

I've been so busy with work, but I'm working on a light version of this theme that's based on Michael's default MoI colour scheme. It's a little trickier than I thought though, but I love a challenge.

I still get excited when I get a chance to use MoI. I played around with quite a few modelling programs and this is the only one that "gets it" when it comes to ease of use.
4 Jul 2019   [#25]
I like this theme, but I now have two issues with me install. Once I installed this theme I noticed my buttons on the command bar are round and it created two rows. I will prefer ever thing to be one row. How do I fix this?

Image Attachments:
Annotation 2019-07-04 133404.png 

4 Jul 2019   [#26] In reply to [#25]
Hi Ron, can you please post your moi.css and CommandBar.htm files? I'll take a look at what's going on.

That looks like the kind of thing that can happen if something isn't right with flexboxes. MoI uses a layout mechanism called flexbox to arrange that command bar UI horizontally. In your UI either some flexbox properties or some structure isn't right. MoI v3 and v4 use slightly different flexbox implementations and so you can get that kind of thing if you try to apply a v4 UI onto v3 for example.

- Michael
5 Jul 2019   [#27] In reply to [#26]
Thanks for your help Michael. The moi.css and CommandBar.htm files are attached to this post.

Attachments:
CommandBar.htm
moi.css

5 Jul 2019   [#28] In reply to [#27]
Hi Ron, so looking at your moi.css, it appears to be using flexbox attributes that I think only MoI v4 supports.

Is it possible you have used a customized UI setup that was meant for v4 but you are trying to use it on v3? If it's the one from the top of this thread make sure you get the v3 version to install on v3 and don't try to install the v4 version on v3.

I also just looked at your CommandBar.htm and it also appears to be the v4 version and not the v3 version as well, also it seems to have most things removed, are you sure this is the one from the screenshot you showed and not one with additional edits ?

- Michael
5 Jul 2019   [#29] In reply to [#28]
Sorry I did not mention the version I am using, it is V4. I did edit some stuff after the screen grab. I figured out how to adjust the radius my issue now is figuring out how to get everything aligned in one row. Once again sorry for not explaining my issue better. Thanks
5 Jul 2019   [#30] In reply to [#29]
Hi Ron, please post the CommandBar.htm file for the one with multiple rows and I'll see if I can give you some tips on making it into one row.

- Michael
5 Jul 2019   [#31] In reply to [#30]
Here it is. Thanks

Attachments:
CommandBar.htm

5 Jul 2019   [#32] In reply to [#31]
Hi Ron, that's identical to the one you posted before. It looks like the standard buttons like "File" "Save", "Undo", "Redo", etc.. have been removed from it, it does not match the screenshot you posted with the 2 lines that you want to make into a single line.

- Michael
5 Jul 2019   [#33] In reply to [#32]
This is an updated screen-grab of my version of MOI v4 and the CommandBar.htm in its ui folder "MoI 4.0 beta Feb-27-2019" I did replace the original CommandBar.htm with the one the creator of this Dark Gray Theme provided and thats the one I have been posting. I didn't start having this issue until I installed the Dark Gray Theme into the MOI v4 "MoI 4.0 beta Feb-27-2019". If you look at the CommandBar.htm the creator of this theme provided you will see it is the same thing. I've downloaded it several times and installed it and I keep having the same issue. My friend have installed this theme and he is having the same issue. Please help me fix this if you can. Thanks and I appreciate your time and help.

The creator of this theme also added NewCommandBar.htm, and when I make it active the top row disappears.

Attachments:
CommandBar.htm
_NewCommandBar.htm

Image Attachments:
moi V4 update.jpg  moi V4 .jpg 

5 Jul 2019   [#34] In reply to [#33]
Hi Ron, ok I see what is going on now. The author of this customized UI has split the command bar into 2 separate files, one part is "CommandBar.htm" and the other one is "_NewCommandBar.htm" and they are set up as 2 separate UIPanels in MainWindowLayout.xml .

So with that structure with it making 2 separate files and 2 UIPanels that is going to always be on 2 separate lines, that looks like it was intentionally designed that way.

To combine them, edit the file _NewCommandBar.htm and go to line 90 which has this:

code:
				<!-- <span id="CommandBarCustomUI">
				</span> -->

Remove the comments so it looks like this instead:

code:
				<span id="CommandBarCustomUI">
				</span>

Now delete CommandBar.htm and rename _NewCommandBar.htm to CommandBar.htm and edit MainWindowLayout.xml and delete line #6 that loads _NewCommandBar.htm .

With that done you should then have the bottom command bar as a single line.

- Michael
6 Jul 2019   [#35] In reply to [#34]
It worked, thank you!
11 Jul 2019   [#36] In reply to [#34]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your help. I have a question... How do i change the radius in the view port?

Image Attachments:
ui.jpg 

11 Jul 2019   [#37] In reply to [#36]
Hi Ron, sorry in v4 there isn't currently any way to change the radius value for that particular part of the UI.

- Michael
5 Aug 2019   [#38]
I got really busy over the last couple of months and haven't checked in.

Thank you, Michael, for helping OGAR fix the issue. It looks like he installed the "Dark Gray Theme (MoI 4.0 beta) v1.1.1.zip" file and then the "Dark Gray Theme (MoI 4.0 beta) - Custom UI Bar.zip" file. The second one is only to put the Custom UI buttons in a separate row at the bottom of the screen. A user does not need the second ZIP file to make use of the Custom UI at all, as you probably know. It's purely optional if people have a lot of Custom UI buttons.

I'm glad you like the theme, OGAR. Sorry that my instructions are confusing. I'm going to revamp the first post one of these days and make it crystal clear as to what does what. I'm actually too busy using MoI to do it right now though. ;-)

I never realized before how powerful the Deform command is for jewellery design. This software is a godsend, Michael!

-- Cody
15 Aug 2019   [#39]
i've just installed it.
it's beautiful!

tnx for taking the time to create this for us Cody!! : ))

Show messages:  1-19  20-39  40-59  60-62