MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: STYLE SELECT V3

16 Jan 2019   [#1]
hi guys.

can we please have a tweak on the script below "SelectStyleV2" to act the same as the browser select....super helpful for quick selecting the new faces/edges created from Boolean operations.

'This script currently will only look at "top-level" objects, it won't go into sub-objects like faces or edges that may have different styles on them."

SelectStyleV2 – The main method for selecting by style is to use the browser by clicking on the text part of the style name. But you can do it by using this script as well – it will expand the selection to include all objects of the same style as one that is currently selected. To use that, first select an object from the style you want to target, then hit the key to trigger that script and all the other objects of that same style will be added to the selection.

N script: /* Expand selection over same styles */ var objects = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects();var styles = new Array();for ( var i = 0; i < objects.length; ++i ) { var obj = objects.item(i); if ( obj.selected ) styles[obj.styleIndex] = true; } for ( var i = 0; i < objects.length; ++i ) { var obj = objects.item(i); if ( styles[obj.styleIndex] ) obj.selected = true; }

Same in this groups script it doesn't mimic the deeper behavior as the yellow scene browser dots do .

script: /* Extend selection to same names */ var names = new Array(); var objs = moi.geometryDatabase.getSelectedObjects(); for ( var i = 0; i < objs.length; ++i ) { var obj = objs.item(i); if ( obj.name != '' ) names[obj.name] = true; } objs = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects(); for ( var i = 0; i < objs.length; ++i ) { var obj = objs.item(i); if ( obj.name != '' && names[obj.name] ) obj.selected = true; }

if not possible can i have a script to bring browser styles/objects out as dialog box pop up under the cursor on a hot key .

best regards Neil
16 Jan 2019   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Neil, in the next v4 beta it will be possible for a script to trigger the Scene Browser select directly.

- Michael
16 Jan 2019   [#3] In reply to [#2]
when is next beta ? :)
16 Jan 2019   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Neil, not sure yet it depends on how long it takes to track down a couple of tricky bugs.

- Michael