MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Model in MoI3d -- Render in free Blender 2.8 EEVEE

Show messages:  1-19  20-24

1 Apr 2019   [#20]
No need UV! :)

1 Apr 2019   [#21]
Yes, that is correct.

And because MoI3D has the best NURBS to mesh exporter I've ever seen, you files can come directly into Blender and are ready for rendering! If you're looking for more info on how to set up Blender for rendering (not modeling) you can check out my other product: Definitely EEVEE: Definitive Interiors. In it there's a newbie step-by-step on how to download and set up Blender, configure it, and set it up for still and animations. You can use either the Cycles unbiased renderer (like KeyShot if you have a GPU, a bit slower on CPU) and of course the realtime lightning fast EEVEE renderer. It's at https:/gum.co/EEVEE

I really think MoI3D + Blender 2.8 is a perfect workflow for creating stunning renders.
1 Apr 2019   [#22]
Looks cool. I'm a Maya user since Maya 4.0 and MAX since dos so I've been hesitant about blender but AD is doing the same as Adobe. However I like your tutorials so maybe time to add blender to toolset. I'll also throw out (not Free) but I can't recommend Redshift3D enough. I've migrated it to our work and home use. It has replaced our render farm all GPU but its fantastic at least for Maya and MAX C4D etc.

Jason
1 Apr 2019   [#23] In reply to [#22]
Yeah, Redshift is pretty cool, and I hear it works with Blender. I bought Octane twice, and both times received refunds because the SketchUp plugin didn't work at all. The Cycles render is actually pretty good.

As often goes, people coming from one software to another most always have a difficult time adjusting. Blender 2.79 was particularly tough. I took copious notes using Google Keep so I could quickly reference them later.

Then came 2.8 and Blender finally decided to bring on board some real UI folks. The difference is amazing.

I've never been much a fan of Open Source, but I have to say Blender has yet to disappoint. My guess is you'll miss some features from Maya and 3DMax, but you'll have others. The non-destructive modeling workflow is just amazing.

Check out KIT-OPS.com for some really interesting kitbashing ideas.
13 Apr 2019   [#24]

Show messages:  1-19  20-24