MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Model in MoI3d -- Render in free Blender 2.8 EEVEE

Show messages:  1-20  21-24

14 Jan 2019   [#1]

Hey guys,

Been working late hours to figure out a clear and clean pipeline to use the free Blender 2.8 EEVEE renderer with your OBJ models (MoI has the best NURBS to Mesh output I've ever seen).

So, I finally released the Blender 2.8 course: Definitely EEVEE: Definitive Interiors. It’s an in depth look at how to render interiors using EEVEE. Interiors are considered some of the hardest challenges for a realtime render engine, and I’ve had the help of more than 18 others in putting this course to the test, including our own Metin Seven.

One of the key drivers for this course, was to create a FAST way to move existing scenes and models from OTHER 3D apps to Blender 2.8 and only focus on the Import, Texturing, Lighting, Rendering and Animation.

This expert course has everything you need to get up to speed and begin rendering with the free Blender 2.8 EEVEE realtime renderer, even if you’ve never opened up Blender. You’ll be rendering realistic scenes in short order, like the below right image which rendered at HD rez in under 2 seconds! Oh yeah, the left is the original photo (used my free tutorial on fSpy to camera match, too).

Here's a vid with more info:

And the course can be found at: https://gum.co/EEVEE
14 Jan 2019   [#2]
Very cool for Blender lovers...for the other 27 lessons to learn! ;)
14 Jan 2019   [#3]
Congratulations Chipp! Looks fantastic
21 Jan 2019   [#4]
Hi-
It seems like Eevee can big my solution. Debating about going with VRAY, since its the industry standard in architecture and interior world for in house rendering for large firms.
Would be interested in trying EEVEE.
Best,
Robert
22 Jan 2019   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi Robert,

Don't forget, Blender 2.8 also has a V-RAY type (unbiased) renderer called Cycles, which is wicked fast if you have a GPU or two. Like V-Ray, it is easy to setup and pretty much a one-button affair.

The Definitely EEVEE course has everything you need to setup your scene, light it, add materials, render and animate-- just change your renderer to Cycles and forget all the 'baking' and irradiance and reflection probes. In fact the included scenes in the course can be rendered in Cycles and/or EEVEE and the results are very close.

And...Blender 2.8 is free. Might be worth a look.

PS-- <rant>I absolutely hate the "hardware dongle" companies like V-ray tie you down with. If it breaks, is lost, is stolen-- you're dead in the water. I've heard some make you file an insurance report or police report. It's discusting. You pay for it and they treat you like you're the criminal. I would never work with V-Ray because of that one thing. </rant>
23 Jan 2019   [#6] In reply to [#5]
I can totally relate to that- I am repulsed by many of the large companies and the way they treat customers and kill "competition".

I have learnt so much from your videos Chipp (I know a MoI forum thread is a weird place to express my gratitude) and you have really inspired me to give Blender a shot. Thank you for all the content you have out there! It is an extremely valuable resource.
23 Jan 2019   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi nameless,

Thanks for your kind words.

I look forward to the final release of MoI3D V4 someday soon! I imagine it will be as rocksolid a piece of 3D software that ever exists.

Speaking of NOT rock solid, as a Creative Cloud subscriber, I am saddened today to hear that allegorithmic (Substance Designer/Painter) today sold (out) to Adobe. In my experience, Photoshop and Illustrator are never the same twice. They create version upgrades with little to no testing-- it's all about the $$$ with Adobe. Ugh.

I spent the time to learn Muse only to see it literally die by a thousand cuts because the updates were so horrible and bug ridden. And sometimes it autoupdated and wiped out entire projects. Adobe didn't care. They finally just deep sixed it so all of us who spent $$$ on addons and training and other just got left out in the cold. They took it out of the suite, but kept charging us the same amount. Criminal. (Webflow is the real deal when it comes to creating websites).

I think there's gold in someone creating a set of GIMP or even Affiniti Photo tutorials for Pshop users. I'm really tired of Adobe's hand in my pocket and giving me little to no support or upgrades. I sat down with Illustrator last night and just about had to learn all new stuff as all my palettes, dialogs and settings have been rearranged. This is literally no consistency from one dialog to the next in either program. You can now draw shapes in Pshop, but try and edit the line color of a shape using an eyedropper-- no way I could find. Ugh!
24 Jan 2019   [#8] In reply to [#7]
"Speaking of NOT rock solid, as a Creative Cloud subscriber, I am saddened today to hear that allegorithmic (Substance Designer/Painter) today sold (out) to Adobe. In my experience, Photoshop and Illustrator are never the same twice. They create version upgrades with little to no testing-- it's all about the $$$ with Adobe. Ugh."

What a blow to the stomach... I found out through your post. I should be making back up installers of the final version and hope they keep working with my permanent license files. :|

Softimage was mainly on my mind when talking about taking out competition and you brought it up. Another sad story.

Apologies for a second post that is unrelated to the OP, but in some way it *is* related. It is a great time to give free-software or smaller innovating companies that do not sell out a chance to enter our pipelines. Probably the best slap back to the buy and kill policies of software titans.
15 Feb 2019   [#9]
Hi Chipp,

i have a question for you, regarding EEVEE. O.k. you cover interior
shots but do you know also if EEVEE works with a shadow catcher
for outside shots, lit with HDRI's?

And does EEVEE support Multiple Importance Sampling to cast
shadows from (high quality) HDRI's?

I ask, because i played with MIS in the past with Cycles and it
gave great results, but i had to fiddle around a bit to set this up.

This was one test i did long time ago and the shadow quality
looks imho really good.

blender

Regards
Stefan
15 Feb 2019   [#10] In reply to [#9]
Hi Stefan,

EEVEE can use an HDRI to provide ambient lighting for a scene, as well as create the backdrop image for a scene. Unfortunately, at this time, EEVEE does not support using HDRIs to calculate shadows.

In my course, I show a world node setup where you can use an HDRI as a background image, but use a different color for the world ambient lighting. You can also do the reverse, use an HDRI for a ambient light and a solid (or ramped) color for the backdrop.
15 Feb 2019   [#11]
Hi Chipp,

thanks for the information! Maybe this will be added then to EEVEE in the future.

However, as soon as i have my new computer i will install 2.8 and purchase your
course.

Best regards
Stefan
16 Feb 2019   [#12] In reply to [#11]
Great Stefan, Let me know if you ever need any help.
17 Feb 2019   [#13]
Hi Chipp,

sure, i will let you know! I must say i can't wait for my
new computer ... I really like to play with EEVEE after
seeing this too:

https://blenderartists.org/t/yet-another-commercial-eevee-archviz/1146048?fbclid=IwAR3YviyX4PzLyCQD6-DeLtlr7gOmCmti9uO_N5zZVe2Os_BWkVwfdPJY9SY

Even if my new computer is not the fastest i think
i will be very happy with the speed results and
quality once i have taken your course.

Blender with EEVEE seems to be the future!

Regards
Stefan
18 Feb 2019   [#14] In reply to [#13]
That's a really great thread Stefan! Enjoy your new computer!
18 Feb 2019   [#15]
Hi Chipp,

indeed this thread is very interesting, because it shows (me) also that no post-processing
was involved, which i usually do a bit, after rendering. And the images there look quite
superb imho, comparable in quality to all those commercially available unbiased render
engines.

Well, i hope that my PC will arrive by end of this week ... ;-)

Best regards
Stefan
23 Feb 2019   [#16]
Hi Chipp,

i just want to let you know that i have purchased your course an hour ago and looked already some chapters.
You explain it very well in detail and based upon your tutorials i will then later try if i can set-up proper product
shots for my doodles. :-)

Prior downloading your course i tested with the "Tree Creature" scene, from blender.org, my little graphics
card and the scene was rendered in 2.63 seconds as image file, which is very very good for me.

Should i have questions coming up, with your course, i will post them here.

Thanks for such a great and valuable course!

Best regards
Stefan
23 Feb 2019   [#17]
Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much.
Please post any questions you have to:

https://blenderartists.org/t/architectural-interiors-in-eevee-tutorial-series/1140566/3

As to not infringe here on The MoI3D forum.

Thanks again!
23 Feb 2019   [#18]
Hi Chipp,

ah, o.k., I did not know about this thread. Thanks for the info!

Best regards
Stefan
24 Feb 2019   [#19]
Seems the SketchUcation Forum will make a Blender section! ;)

https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=372&t=70840#p646030 and following...
1 Apr 2019   [#20]
No need UV! :)

Show messages:  1-20  21-24