MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: UI - no tabs

2 Jan 2019   [#1]
Hi,
I find myself often switching between the Construct and the transform tabs, is there a quick and dirty way to have them side by side instead of within tabs?
Like the photoshoped image attached
I don't want to change the whole UI as some of you guys do, just this little change
Best regards

Image Attachments:
PANELS.jpg 

2 Jan 2019   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Fred, yes there is a description on how to do that here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8064.2

It's also possible by installing the startup script from here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8064.8

- Michael
2 Jan 2019   [#3]
Hi,
I tried Max Smirnov file in C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Roaming\Moi\startup but it doesn't seem to work.
For V3, I used your SidePane.htm file to replace mine, it works perfectly = awesome
For V4 beta, I tried to modify the SidePane.htm and tried to replicate the same logic as your V3 file but had to admit I have no idea what I'm doing :)
Maybe the interface for V4 will be completely different in the future, so I can just wait the official release
Thanks for you constant support, this is the best customer service I ever experienced!
2 Jan 2019   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Fred, try modifying Max's script by commenting out the second line. That means to place a // at the start of the line so it looks like this:

//if (doc.getElementsByTagName

Does it work ok then? It is possible that the script version may kind of mess things up in future releases if the UI isn't structured anymore like it is currently expecting. So you might need to remove it at some point.

- Michael
2 Jan 2019   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi Michael, just tried it and I get the same result

Image Attachments:
2019-01-02_19-42-38.png 

2 Jan 2019   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi Fred, your version there looks kind of weird it's missing all the line breaks. I guess maybe Max happened to make a text file that has UNIX type line endings which means it can't be edited properly in Notepad, you would need to use an editor that can understand those line endings like Notepad++.

What happens if you try the one attached below?

- Michael

Attachments:
MiniSidepane.js

3 Jan 2019   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi Michael,
it worked! Construct and Transform are now in a single panel in V4
I'll remember to remove the startup file whenever it won't work anymore in future updates, maybe Max will have an updated version by then.
Thanks a lot