MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Kitten wheelchair designed in MoI

Show messages: All  1  2-9

20 Dec 2018   [#2]
Bravo for the execution!
20 Dec 2018   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Props man.... that guy is cool!
21 Dec 2018   [#4]
Reminds me of my deceased mothers cat Stubby. His mother chewed up his rear legs at birth.
But he still gets around, nearly two years later. One stub is a "ski", the other is propulsion :-)
- Brian
21 Dec 2018   [#5] In reply to [#3]
Thank you, I really appreciate it! I'm now working in MoI to build wheels for it. I found a cad file and made a silicon mold for the wheels. I'm printing the middle piece now. It was getting too hard to find these wheels on ebay (+$20 for x2 which is outrageous). The test mold is drying now, can't wait to see how it works. MoI is fantastic, it's absolutely my favorite 3D modeling program! There will be much more coming from me in the future.

This is my first post here, I think I should introduce myself. My name is Jon, I live in Alabama, USA. I have a YouTube Channel ( www.youtube.com/wagnerstechtalk ) where I mess around with all things technology-related. Even I never know what is next :) I learned about MoI about 3 months ago and now I'm hooked. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm slowly getting there. I look forward to hanging out here more in the coming year.

Best to all!
21 Dec 2018   [#6] In reply to [#4]
I'm sorry to hear that Brian, both your Mom's passing and her kittens condition. I'd be happy to print up a kit for Stubby, if you wanted it. Sounds like he's adjusted pretty good though :)
21 Dec 2018   [#7]
Thanks for sharing Jon. I use MoI with my Robo R2 3D printer and Simplify 3D slicer program. A great combination!
24 Dec 2018   [#8] In reply to [#7]
I'm using MoI with a FlashForge Creator Pro (dual extruder) and FlashPrint (slicer) and happy with the results too. Great to hear others using MoI with their 3D printers!! It's still amazing to me to see something on the printer, physically, that was designed virtually. Wish I had this capability 20 years ago :)
7 Jan 2019   [#9]
I just realized again that I'm getting sentimental as age progresses, having a lump in my throat because if this thread.

Show messages: All  1  2-9