MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: cannot extrude side

Show messages: All  1-4  5-8

16 Nov 2018   [#5] In reply to [#1]
Hi Mr. Yuri, I've been able to track down the bug which was causing this - it is in boolean union where it is attempting to merge 2 cylinder surfaces into single larger cylinder but is making a wrong result when the 2 cylinders have opposite axis directions.

I've been trying to find this bug for quite a long time without success until now, I had thought it was a bug in filleting since all the cases where I've seen it have been on fillets. But until now I've only had examples of it after it has already gotten messed up which made it difficult to figure out.

Thank you for posting the file especially with the "before" and "after" states, it helps a lot to be able to repeat the problem instead of only seeing the end result. It will be very good to get it fixed up.

- Michael
17 Nov 2018   [#6]
I'm happy to help
18 Nov 2018   [#7]
whats interesting is that if you extrude the base upwards first to then reselect it and go down it works without a problem and stays solid

cheers
shayne

Image Attachments:
2018.11.19-14.28.35-[3D].jpg  2018.11.19-14.30.04-[3D].jpg  2018.11.19-14.30.29-[3D].jpg 

18 Nov 2018   [#8]
And maybe you can also use this by Max Smirnov for eliminate some lines contours...after the extrude...

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7912.4

Show messages: All  1-4  5-8