MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Is it possible to configure straight snap to only snap to surface normals?

Show messages: All  1-7  8-12

28 Oct 2018   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Great, that is a big help, thank you!
28 Oct 2018   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Another question- Would it be possible to write a script that functions similarly like orient line to line command which places copies of an object oriented to the surface normal at a point without having to pick up the surface normal? I.e., the normal direction is already pre-selected? So that using each click I can select a point on the surface, and the script will repeatedly place a copy of the prong centered at that point and oriented normal to the surface at that point?
28 Oct 2018   [#10] In reply to [#9]
Sorry I can't write script myself ! But if Max or other scripts' creators see your request...
28 Oct 2018   [#11] In reply to [#8]
Hi silverwoods, the regular "Orient" command, the one to the left of Line/Line can work like that.

Set the "Make copies" option and then you will be able to place many target points onto a surface, each target point will automatically align to the surface normal and there is a second stage where you can adjust the rotation, but if you do not want to do that you can just right click at that point. So you would just do a left click on the surface and then a right click anywhere in the viewport for each one.

- Michael
29 Oct 2018   [#12] In reply to [#11]
Oh my... its wonderful! Thank you!

Show messages: All  1-7  8-12