MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: dimensions measurement

14 Oct 2018   [#1]
Hi all,
I'm trying to measure my created object to double check whether I made a mistake.

Thing is I cannot get how to do it. I also installed Dimensions plugin, but not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug.

What I'm trying to do is to measure height of internal dimensions of the object attached.

I cannot figure out how to "measure corner height of walls inside". I can read how much is it on my grid, but this is very simple object and I cannot get it to show me. I will need that for more complex shapes.

Also can somebody advice how to delete dimensions?
I tried to select it and hit delete (key and button) but it remains there, sometimes even I'm not able to select it.

Thanks a lot.

Juraj

Attachments:
vana.3dm

14 Oct 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi juraj,

Your problem seems to be "dimension" don't want mesure in certain zone of 3D view like a perp Z.
But with another zone it's seems possible.

An easy way is to do a "BooleanUnion" to have an edge. Then select your edge to know its dimension.

Of course you can next undo your BooleanUnion

14 Oct 2018   [#3]
By a supplement of search, I found that you have to change the view to finish in your case the dimension search.

14 Oct 2018   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Phiro,
thanks a lot.
I knew I was missing some basic thing (union in this case).

What you mean by:
"I found that you have to change the view to finish in your case the dimension search."?

Also how did you do the explanation gif?
It's made out of video?

Thanks
14 Oct 2018   [#5] In reply to [#1]
There is also a shortcut key script "CustomDistance" or "CustomDistancexyz2," for getting a single distance.

http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#MeasureDistance

- Brian
14 Oct 2018   [#6] In reply to [#5]
thanks bemfarmer.
also quite useful plugin

Regards,
Juraj
14 Oct 2018   [#7]
Hi juraj,

I use Screenpresso for animated gif.

Regards,

P.