MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: 2D Blend enhancement script

9 Oct 2018   [#1]
Some observations, and preliminary idea for a script that relies on the just completed Blend history, to further modify the blended curve.
At present, considering a 2D, planar blend, and as an example, 2D tracing.

Observation: During the Blend command, re-selecting either of the two initial curves switches the blend to the other end of that curve.
The user may create two line segments for the blend.

After the curve Blend has completed, Rotation of either initial curve, or Movement of either initial curve, results in a different blend.

The new, post blend script, would allow selection of one of the initial curves, and a rotation point for said curve, and
optional selection of the second initial curve, and a rotation point for said curve.
A rotation point could be at the end of the initial curve, or elsewhere.

There would be an angle slider for each rotation point, with angle zero at the middle of the slider.

There would be a parallel offset/ parallel nudge move slider for each curve, using the Normal to the previous end of the curve, for movement of the curve.

There would be another move slider for each curve, utilizing the Tangent of the previous end of the curve, for directionn of movement.

- Brian

Or maybe the selection points and movement sliders could be added to the Blend command itself?
11 Oct 2018   [#2]
Hi Brian,

I'm not sure I understand all but I'm all in for blend fine tunings.

An adjustment slider for 2d blend that could position the blend elsewhere than the endpoints would be nice, a bit like BlendCrv -> Point option in Rhino.

Marc

Image Attachments:
Rhino-Bled2d.gif