MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Scripting DXF export and NoUI=true

24 Sep 2018   [#1]
Hi Michael,

I believe the NoUI=true setting is ignored when exporting to DXF, which makes the dialogue pop up every time something is written to file. In my scripted scenario it will happen many times, which is a bit annoying. Especially since this particular setting does seem to work fine for any other format I've tried.

Also, it appears that exported lines retain their original style (color) in DXF format, even though the lines had been moved to another style prior to export and then back to their original styles after export. I think it's a race-condition, as the switch back to the original styles doesn't seem to wait for the export to finish.

Could this please be fixed in a future beta? Thanks!

- Fabien
24 Sep 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Fabien, yeah currently NoUI=true works for the AI/PDF export dialogs and the mesh options dialog, not the DXF one. I will fix that up for the next beta.

For the styles problem I can't reproduce any problem when changing styles using the regular UI and doing the export. If it's only happening with your script I will need to get that script and any related .3dm test files so I can reproduce the behavior over here.

- Michael