MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Style inheritance after Boolean

6 Sep 2018   [#1]
Hi,

Is there a setting so the object keeps it's original style after a boolean operation?
I've tried : GeneratedObjectsInheritStyle=n but it doesnt seem to work.

Thanks.
6 Sep 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Marc, by default styles do inherit after doing a boolean. So for example if you have a red sphere and a blue sphere like this:

If you then do a boolean to subtract the blue sphere from the red one you will get a multi style object like this:

So there you can see the pieces from the original red and blue objects inherited down to the final result.

There is a setting though which can disable this under:

[Styles]
DisableSubObjectStyles=n

If that is set to =y then instead of creating a multi-style result it will make the whole object the style of whatever was first selected. If you're seeing it behave like that then i"d guess you must have that setting modified from the default DisableSubObjectStyles=n .

The other one you mention GeneratedObjectsInheritStyle=n is for controlling what happens with objects generated from curves, like if an extrusion gets the style of the input curve or whether it goes on the active style.

- Michael

Image Attachments:
BooleanStyles1.jpg  BooleanStyles2.jpg 

6 Sep 2018   [#3]
That works!

At first I thought this setting would prevent having multiple styles objects, I now see you can still manually assign styles on specific faces.

Thanks a lot!