MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Moi 4 - Buy

Show messages:  1-20  21-23

5 Sep 2018   [#1]
I bought MOI3d v3 August 31, 2018 .... I'm going to need to buy the upgrade from version 4?
5 Sep 2018   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Alex, no you'll be within the automatic update "grace period" time. I haven't figured out exactly when the cutoff date will be but it should go back at least that far.

- Michael
5 Sep 2018   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Michael,

just to be clear, if I buy v3 now i'll be eligible for a free v4 upgrade?

I was holding off on my purchase until v4 dropped to avoid paying for the upgrade only a few months after the license, but if that's the case i'll get v3 straight away.

thanks
5 Sep 2018   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi mrninja13, yes that's correct if you purchase V3 now you'll be able to get a free upgrade to V4 when it is released. The way it will work is there will be a page similar to the V3 one here http://moi3d.com/3.0/upgrade.php where you will be able to put in your V3 license and get a V4 upgrade there if you purchased V3 within a certain time period from the V4 release. I don't know yet how far back the time period will extend but I will make sure it covers now.

- Michael
6 Sep 2018   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Thanks!
Just got my order in.

How does the licensing work? I have a desktop and a laptop and i'd like to use it on both machines (Not at the same time obviously)
6 Sep 2018   [#6]
Best news yet.
6 Sep 2018   [#7] In reply to [#5]
Hi mrninja13, you can install the same one purchased license of MoI on any number of your machines (like on both your desktop and laptop machines), including across Windows and Mac operating systems, just as long as it's only actively launched and running on one of those installs at a time. You only need to purchase a separate license for another machine if some other person is going to be using it there the same time as you.

You don't need to do anything special to set up the multiple installs, you just use the same installer and same license key on each one. MoI does not bind itself to a specific hardware signature or anything like that.

- Michael
12 Sep 2018   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Do I have to buy directly from this website to get the upgrade or anywhere would be fine?
12 Sep 2018   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Hi kittinzaa, anywhere would be fine. You get the same license keys from a reseller that you would get here.

When v4 is released you'll need to come to this web site to get the automatic upgrade though, there will be a page for it here linked from the purchase page.

- Michael
19 Sep 2018   [#10] In reply to [#9]
Michael, thanks for making such a great piece of software, supporting it so well and being so fair with your licensing. I'm constantly reminded of how much better other companies would be if they operated with your principles.
19 Sep 2018   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Thanks FDP!

- Michael
22 Nov 2018   [#12]
Hi Michael, and congratulations for the nest version of MOI !
Just a question : as I'm a teacher, I wanted to buy an academic version of MOI 3.0 from Studica to test it deeply, will I get the 4.0 upgrade with this academic version too ?
Thanks for your answer and for MOI !:)
22 Nov 2018   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Hi Alex, yes the free v4 upgrade if you purchase v3 now also applies to the EDU version too.

- Michael
23 Nov 2018   [#14] In reply to [#13]
Hi,

sorry to jump in the topic out of bloom but is there any info about v4 final release/upgrade pricing from v3? Is v4 gonna be released this year (2018) ?

Thanks
23 Nov 2018   [#15] In reply to [#14]
Hi Lewis pricing on commercial versions will be the same as v3 - $295 USD for a full license, $100 USD for an upgrade license.

I had wanted to release it by the end of this year but it may take something like another month past that possibly.

- Michael
24 Nov 2018   [#16] In reply to [#15]
Ah, ok thanks for info, next year it is then.

You did fantastic work on upgrading to v4 and 64bit is huge thing so i'll definitely upgrade as you release it, Hopefully there will be some e-mail with info for current customers so i don't miss the upgrade period/time since i'm not often on forum.

Thanks for all the great work and super-fast support Michael.
24 Nov 2018   [#17] In reply to [#16]
Thanks Lewis - the $100 upgrade version will always be available, it's not something that is only offered for a limited time.

- Michael
15 Dec 2018   [#18] In reply to [#1]
Hi, playing around with trial no save version for quite a long time now and drooling about the full thing.
Will the plain commercial bought version from Studica capable of being upgraded to v4 when ready?
Thanks

Andrea
15 Dec 2018   [#19] In reply to [#18]
Hi Andrea, yes we are currently in the "grace period" time where if you purchase v3 from anywhere you will be able to get a free upgrade to v4. There will be a link on the purchase page where you will be able to put in your v3 license key and get a v4 upgrade from there.

- Michael
15 Sep 2019   [#20]
Hello for 3d students: What are the differences in content and rights between educational licenses and conventional licenses?
Thank you in advance

Show messages:  1-20  21-23