MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 beta Aug-28-2018 available now

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-65

10 Sep 2018   [#41]
Hi Michael,

Here is a more clear example I have opened a DXF in MOI ( My default DXF Viewer) but when opened no reference to actual file is kept.

You can see when there are more parts to view the names can get lost if not referenced.

Image Attachments:
dxf list.JPG  DXF open.JPG 

10 Sep 2018   [#42] In reply to [#41]
Hi Alex,

re:
> Here is a more clear example I have opened a DXF in MOI ( My default DXF Viewer)
> but when opened no reference to actual file is kept.

Yes, that's how it is intended to work. The reason why is because MoI will write to the current active file name when you use the Save command or when you exit MoI and choose "Save changes". But MoI is only able to save a subset of its possible information to a .dxf file so if you were to make something that MoI does not write to .dxf files you could end up thinking you had saved your complete work while actually only a subset was saved to the .dxf file.

To avoid that data loss scenario, MoI will only set the current file name when you open a .3dm file since that's the file format that MoI can store all of its information into.

- Michael
10 Sep 2018   [#43]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for letting me know - in rhino if you import a file in a blank document it names that current file the import name then go save as it still keeps the filename as the first preference would at least this be possible?

thanks
Alex.
10 Sep 2018   [#44] In reply to [#43]
Hi Alex, so the thing that would be a little strange about that is this scenario - someone opens a .dxf file, works on it some and then closes MoI and pushes "Save changes" at the exit dialog. That would result in a new .3dm file being created and their original .dxf file would be unchanged which may be surprising.

I don't like to have surprising behavior in file handling so that's not something that I would want to have set up by default but I can make an option in moi.ini to enable that behavior.

- Michael
11 Sep 2018   [#45]
Hi Michael,

If the same name function as per rhino file import is possible through the MOI ini file that would be great. Thanks for your assistance.

regards
Alex.
21 Sep 2018   [#46] In reply to [#35]
Hi Michael,

A quick update regarding the tilted PDF in Affinity Designer: the developers have just confirmed the issue and will look into it.
21 Sep 2018   [#47]
Hello Michael!

How are you? I Hope you're having a good time :)

Are you working on some new modelling tools/commands for this new V4?
I remember that some time ago you talked about new tools, like cage deformation and other things that now I don't remember...

Please, let me know if you want. Thanks!

Have a nice day.
21 Sep 2018   [#48] In reply to [#47]
Hi Marco, most recently I've still been doing more cleanup type work - tuning up the file dialog behavior on Mac, adding controls for page size for PDF/AI export, testing on Linux/Wine to see if I can make compatibility better there and fixing some other various bugs. Nothing too exciting right at this moment, sorry.

- Michael
21 Sep 2018   [#49]
Hi Michael,

Do you think GROUP function will be available in V4 release?

regards
Alex
21 Sep 2018   [#50] In reply to [#49]
Hi Alex, sorry no I'm not expecting to have groups in V4 other than the already existing stuff for working with object sets by named objects or styles.

It's going to need a lot of work and possibly changes to many functions that edit objects and so I'm postponing groups until a future version after v4.

- Michael
22 Sep 2018   [#51] In reply to [#48]
Hi Michael.

@You : "...most recently I've still been doing more cleanup type work..."

OK. I know that this is always an important step...

@You : "...adding controls for page size for PDF/AI export..."

This is very useful for my 2D workflows. Thanks.

With that said, I hope that soon you can start to develop some new modelling features/tools because, even if Moi has STILL THE BEST STREAMLINED WORKFLOW OF THE MARKET, actually it misses too much tools compared to other 3D Nurbs modeler...

Have a nice day and...wel'll catch up :)

Ciao.
28 Sep 2018   [#52]
hello guys, and thank you Michael so much for all the hard work you do.
I know you focusing on the 64 thing and the Mac core this great I just want know is there is any update about the all old shortcut and the script and the plugin anyway they can work on the v4 ? and sorry if you answer this before I just love the speed of v4 and I don't want go back to v3 ;(
28 Sep 2018   [#53] In reply to [#52]
Hi Michael, another great update and speed optimization, thank you very much.

I have one small Feature Request if possible, that it's always bugging me when i export out of moi :).
When i go to Export and save *.obj (for polygonal renderer) my file name field is always empty. Is there a way how you could already have it named same as loaded file name is ?

Thanks
28 Sep 2018   [#54] In reply to [#52]
Hi albehany,

> I just want know is there is any update about the all old shortcut and the script
> and the plugin anyway they can work on the v4 ?

Usually your existing shortcuts, scripts, and plug-ins should work in v4 the same as they did in v3. There are a few that have needed some minor changes.

Do you have any that aren't working?

- Michael
28 Sep 2018   [#55] In reply to [#53]
Hi Lewis,

re:
> When i go to Export and save *.obj (for polygonal renderer) my file name field is always empty.
> Is there a way how you could already have it named same as loaded file name is ?

It should be behaving that way already. But the loaded file name will only be set if you load a .3dm file, not if you open something like a .step file for example.

The next v4 release will have an option for changing that though, as discussed here:

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9044.40
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9044.42
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9044.44

- Michael
28 Sep 2018   [#56] In reply to [#55]
Yes, thanks, you are right i was using STEP and IGES not 3DM.
29 Sep 2018   [#57] In reply to [#54]
Hi Michael, can you help me please Split Construct and Transform Panels in v.4
I try this http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8064.12
but I always get error. thank you
29 Sep 2018   [#58] In reply to [#57]
Hi albehany what error do you get?

Try removing the 2nd line of the script that looks at innerHTML.length, you can either delete it or put a // in front of it to comment it out.

- Michael
29 Sep 2018   [#59] In reply to [#58]
Hi, sorry for bothering but I can't find the innerHTML.length
this is my html file can you please see what is the problem. thank you and sorry

Attachments:
SidePane.htm

Image Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 11.38.53 AM.png 

29 Sep 2018   [#60] In reply to [#59]
Hi albehany, sorry I thought you were trying to use the script to do it which is here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8064.8

With that way you leave the default SidePane.htm in place and put that script in MoI's appdata\startup folder so it runs on program startup.

For your editing the SidePane.htm one problem is that you've got duplicate ids here (on the lines marked with >>>>)

code:
>>>>       <moi:PaletteHeader id="TransformTabContent">
                    <moi:TabContainer>
                        <moi:TabButton id="TransformTab" class="RightTabButton"><moi:Text textid="Transform tab"/></moi:TabButton>
                    </moi:TabContainer>
                </moi:PaletteHeader>
                <moi:PaletteBody>
>>>>             	<div id="TransformTabContent">

Both of those having the same id value will cause problems. Modify the top one to id="TransformHeader" instead.

The second problem is that the close tag for the construct <moi:PaletteBody> is missing, which makes the transform tab to be a child of construct.

So immediately above the transform tab add </moi:PaletteBody> so the construct one is closed.

That should get it working after those 2 fixes I think.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-65